Wednesday, December 5, 2018

FEED A CAT FOR CHRISTMAS! DECEMBER 4TH! NORMA!


NORMA!  Goddess of Shelter Cats!  Norma donated in memory of her beautiful 19 yr.old, much missed one of a kind feline, Turner.  Norma used to manage Pet Pride in Victor.  Norma didn’t know me from a matchstick, but had read about me, and she used to occasionally share food deliveries with me for the homeless cats I was feeding – back some 10 years ago Norma?  She even took in a cat or two that I found hard to place, back when I did not have my own rescue.  Thank you Norma, for your many years of service, and still giving to the homeless animals.  I would have loved to include a picture of Turner!

It was a very cold morning out there – in the teens.  We are expecting another round of snow and I am sick of it.  Not only for the cats, but for my legs.  I am weak, and in need of cortisone shots.  I have to wait until Thursday.  I’ve never been in such agony in my entire life.  Never had surgery, never was hospitalized, never had a baby.  This is agony, and the worst pain I’ve ever felt.  But I will endure, as others have before me.

I have not seen the little tortoise shell older kitten in two mornings now.  She was in my bathroom Monday morning, snuggly, loving, and obviously grateful for the warmth and bounty of food before her, and I put her back out.  I put her out because that was the overwhelming majority of advice I received – and I was so torn, I just did what others felt was best.  But I do regret it.  I do.  God knows where she went after I let her back onto Melville Street, or if her kittens were still alive.

On a good note, I heard from Ellie’s Dad who promises pictures soon, but tells me she had adjusted quite well to her new family.    Spencer, her brother who was delivered to his new house the same day – a month ago? – is also thriving in his new home!  His brother Bogie, previously named Dasher after I rescued him, has taken quite a liking to his new little brother.  What do you think?





If anyone still has not picked up their auction items from my porch, please do so.  There are still a lot left there.

Thank you and have a great day!

Image result for quotes on coping with pain

No comments:

Post a Comment