Thursday, December 13, 2018

FEED A CAT FOR CHRISTMAS! DECEMBER 13TH! ROSEMARIE E!

Thank you ROSEMARIE for your kind and generous donation!  Rosemarie was kind enough to want to help feed the cats on Rochester's city streets, for a day.  That is what it costs me to feed these cats each day.  I can count 100 after I finish all of my 20 stops, but I know there are more lurking in the shadows, hungry ... even starving.  And boy I have witnessed starving cats.  They eat like there is no tomorrow, or what ever that saying means.  They would chew through your hand if you aren't quick enough.  Poor babies.  I do my best.  What is the USPS motto?
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds. 
Thank you again Rosemarie!

Yes, that's me!  And boy have I been lucky with the snow so far.  I drag my foot across a small patch of ground to clear the quarter inch of snow we had last night, so that the cats that are NOT eating at my shelter locations aren't standing in the snow.

Nothing out of the ordinary this morning.  All kitties were out and waiting for their breakfast between 3:45 and 5:15.

I did try to trap on Parsells though.  A kind family that allows me to shelter behind their house has asked me to set a trap to try to get a grey girl who looks pregnant.  This is the same location I  have rescued many, and TNR'd many.  I remember this grey cat, and she just won't go in the trap.  I've tried for years.  And she apparently keeps having babies, although I have not seen her, or her babies.  But this family claims they have, so I am going to lend them a trap to see if they can try for her on an afternoon during the weekday - and I will do my best to get the cat in somewhere.  But I swear, the cats there just know its a TRAP!  And they stay far far away!



Holly goes in for her spay next Tuesday, and will be all ready for her eventual forever home!  I have a family coming to meet Griff and the furry kitties - Bunny, Thumper and Noel this weekend.  If it is not a match for Griff, he will go to foster at Max's house, who finally has heat, and the furry kitties will go back to Melissa for more socializing.  Chance is with foster Mom Sheryl, Shorty is with foster Mom Janessa, and lets not forget our Katie, Parsley and Hermie all awaiting forever homes with foster Mom Carol!

Have a great day!

"Sometimes you win.
Sometimes you learn.
You never lose."


No comments:

Post a Comment