Monday, December 3, 2018

Angel


Good day!  Its December 3rd, and there are no donations for the Feed a Cat For Christmas campaign, WHICH IS OK!, but I just wanted you to know why there was not anything posted today.  I am still going to feed the cats!  And feed them I did!~  





And look what walked up to me this morning.  This tiny, dirty tortoiseshell cat – couldn’t be any more than 8 or 9 months old.  I saw she had a collar – I noted it was 4 am. on Melville Street, I noted she did not have an ear tip, and I noted she looked very dirty, and she seemed lethargic, needy.  She did not wince when I picked her up and carried her to the street directly to the carrier awaiting.  My plan was to get her into the clinic, if I could, and get her spayed, if she was not already.  I got her home, let her out of the carrier, picked her up, and noticed her milk ducts.  She had just recently delivered.  I was heartsick. What a dilemma.   How can you be certain the kittens survived, and if they were not alive, she might wander, and I would never see her again.  After some advice from a few knowledgeable people, I made the decision to bring her back to her spot.  Kings brought her to the back of the lot a few hours later – set her down, gave her some food, looked inside the shelters, and looked around, and listened.  Nothing.  If she is there tomorrow morning, I will bring her in for spay, if I can get a spot.  And then release her the same day.  Her milk will still produce, if her kittens are even alive.  I've named her Angel.

This is a very difficult situation for me, but I always have to trust the decision I make in the end, not matter what others may think. 

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment