Monday, December 24, 2018

FEED A CAT FOR CHRISTMAS!!! DECEMBER 16TH! DEB W.!

WAGS!  As I fondly call her, as she shares the same last name as me - or she did until she got married.  But she is still a "W" with her married name.  Thank you DEBBIE W!  Thank you for helping me feed over 100 kitties - from afar.  You see, Deb lives in Alabama, but keeps up with me and what I am doing from time to time and obviously cares so much for animals.  She has a few critters at home herself.  Deb and I worked together back in the day - Schlegel Manufacturing - until it started to sink into the ground and everyone had to jump ship.  Thank you so much for your kindness Deb.

I am sorry I did not post on Friday - I had a vacation day and it got the best of me.   I am dates behind! But I will get to all of you who donated, I promise!!

I have a few extra shelters plates and bowls right now.  I can spare a few if someone needs, please just let me know!  There are SO MANY cats out there that need them, but for me, so few places to hide them before someone sees them and destroys them.  There are a lot of mean people where I feed cats in the Beechwood section of Rochester.  This area is in the public market area, and if you have ever been around there, there is great sadness.  What does make me happy when I go out in the darkness each day is seeing Christmas lights here and there.  There are actually people who celebrate this special holiday, even though they may not have much.

Griff was adopted on Friday.  This kitty went from eating food on the streets thanks to the kindness of a few people on Garson and Baldwin, to a loving and warm home.  A Christmas miracle!

GRIFFIN!

Speaking of Christmas, and being thankful for what we have, I am so grateful for every single person that I have met since doing this blog, since joining Facebook, and since feeding rescuing animals.  I can't believe the generosity of people, from their time - in all ranges, their finances, their offers of fundraising - even small donations - every bit makes a difference.  I sometimes feel so overwhelmed when people offer me something because I don't know how to thank them property with what little I personally have.  I can only spare a hug and a smile.  Even that has been tough for me with my physical ailments lately, so please stick around, I will get better, and I will show my gratitude to you just a little bit better.  Thank you for all you have done to help the cats in our community.

The following is what Christmas is all about.  Helping others.


Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Janine,

    Wishing you and yours the happiest and healthiest holiday season ever.

    May your New Year be filled with Joy, Excellent health and many successful TNR's and ultimately forever placements of those starving and freezing kitties that you feed and shelter daily.

    You are truly an Amazing Women for all you do for the Kitties and those unfortunate human beings you help on your route.

    Paul Bain thanks you and all of those kind folks that donated $625.00 through the Go Fund Me page you created to help subsidy and fix his badly leaking roof. The project was completed in October and he is very pleased with the results especially considering that all the leaking has completely ceased.

    Karon and I just completed taking care of all the Interior damages that were caused by the extreme leaking by tearing down damaged ceiling areas and installing new drywall.

    You are truly THE CAT ANGEL!


    Merry X-Mas

    &

    Happy New Year



    Walt & Karon Simoni

    ReplyDelete