Tuesday, December 11, 2018

FEED A CAT FOR CHRISTMAS! December 11th! JULIANA!!!

Juliana will be feeding many many kitties thanks to her generous donation!  Julie adopted two older kittens from me - Maizy and Murphy, whom I rescued in 2015.  She makes her gift in honor of them.  She writes 'they have become my family and I am so blessed to have them in my life."  Her mom, who lives in my neighborhood, heard about me way back when, and she is the one that actually met, adopted and  ‘fostered’ the kittens for her daughter who couldn’t take them for a bit, so her mom got to enjoy them as well until they headed to Baltimore where they reside with their mom!  :)  Thanks Again Juliana!  I wish I could have found their pictures – maybe Julie can send me a few!

Otherwise, this morning moved along quickly.  It takes a good hour and half, usually every day, depending on the weather. If its pouring out, its quicker, if it has snowed the night before and has piled high, it takes longer.  I have to shovel out the shelters so these poor babies can get out of their little protective huts and move around a bit.  Sometimes I have to scoop out the snow with my hands inside if its a blizzard.  I hate rain, and I hate blizzards. 

Sunday Sheryl goes with me on Saturdays, and when she does, it takes a good 2-2/12 hours.  That’s because Sheryl is busy helping with the things I find hard to do during the week, like check the shelters, make sure they have enough straw, make sure they are not wet, change towels, look for kittens…  She is very observant!

Knock on wood I have not had to shovel out any shelters yet this year.  Lets keep it going!  J


New pictures of Chance!  Chance was near death when Saturday Sheryl and I rescued him from Central and Third about a month ago.  He has made great strides under her tutelage and I thank her for that.  Now to get this beautiful boy a permanent home!  He is a quiet, peaceful young man.  We would guess his age to be 4-5 years old.







Have a great day!


"The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and 
grows brave by reflection"




No comments:

Post a Comment