Friday, December 7, 2018

DECEMBER 7, 8 & 9 - FEED A CAT FOR CHRISTMAS! ANNETTE!!!

Thank you Annette, for your donation which will help to feed over 100 cats for three days in a row.  I am so grateful.  Annette has made her donation in memory of her good friend and partner, Kathy Rivera.  Kathy passed away nearly four years ago after a long and courageous battle with cancer.  Kathy was instrumental in my earlier days of rescue.  Nothing has changed in regard to someone looking at me the wrong way and I will cry, but Kathy did not hold back if you were doing something wrong, or didn't do enough, when it came to rescue cats - and she would let you know!

But Kathy was also one of the most kindest women I've met - she loved showing me her home (I brought my own wine!  :)) and she introduced me to all of her kitties.  She had the most awesome outside 'jungle/gym' for her cats that they could go in and out of from the house.  She also helped me with cats I 'found' - or would eventually rescue - by bringing them to the clinic for me for spay and neuter.  Back then, it was a house on Irondequoit Bay that you could bring a cat in for something like $30.    Kathy was a huge part of Habitat for Cats rescue group, and will be forever remembered, and forever missed by the animal community.

Last evening, a fundraiser was had by my friend and shop owner, Eileen, at Enchanted Rose Garden.  Thank you so much to those of you that came by to purchase a trinket or two, where 20% was donated to my rescue.  Thank you to those of you that brought cat food as well.  And also a big thanks to Bev, who made an awesome gift basket that was being raffled off.  That winner will be one lucky winner with lots of scratch offs, and a wonderful cat bed that Bev makes herself.  It was awesome!




Lastly, here is the picture I promised of the cat I rescued yesterday.  He is a handsome fella, and I am just waiting for his foster dad to take him in and get to know his personality a bit more.  He's way too big for my bathroom!

What I KNOW about him?  He is a cat that obviously wandered away from his home, whether he was an outdoor cat, or indoor and got out somehow, but he wandered about a mile away to where I've been feeding him for the entire summer, at least, and so have the neighbors on Garson and Baldwin.  I know this information because the clinic called me to say he was microchipped, and the owner was notified, but nothing more has been heard from.  So until then, he is in the care of JanineTheBean Rescue!

Have a great day!

(PS, I am on vacation today - woo hoo!!!)




2 comments:

  1. Janine, I have offered to provide shelters via a comment back in mid-November. I'm not getting a response from you so I do not know how to get them to you. Perhaps Joel can respond? We have 6 totes that we can use. We will follow the directions in this URL (https://jeffersoncountyhumanesociety.net/easy-build-shelter-outdoor-cats/) because you have not told me if you want/need something specific. We will buy the styrofoam,tomorrow, and well as any other needed supplies. Please do respond and let me know if you want me to go forward with this plan. I will also need to know where to bring the shelters. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette,

    Thank you very much for your support of Janine's mission!

    You have always been there for Kathy and you devoted many years to Kathy's support of Habitat for Cats, and her everyday devotion to making life easier for thousands of neglected, starving and homeless felines.

    Kathy was a very special person and so are you for following in her footsteps.


    Thank you,
    Karon and Walt Simoni

    ReplyDelete