Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Its Been A Hard Days Night...

BEATLES.  That's an OLD song, even before my time!

First, I would like to share a GoFundMe with those of you that are not on Facebook or Twitter.  Thanks to a friend that got this off the ground for me, I am hoping this is shared far and wide.  It truly means a lot to me to be able to help this man.  He is a rare gem in the inner city, has lived his life in this ramshackle house he calls home, and just needs a new roof to make him happy.  He has suffered a great deal physically the past few years with his back and will hopefully get some relief by surgery this fall, but in the meantime, every time it rains, he has buckets around his house.  I still can't understand how the city has not helped him even though he has reached out to them so many time for help from a grant.

Paul's Garage

I have long said, if I won the lottery, the first thing I would do is rebuild his house and dilapidated garage.  He is a good man.  He deserves help.  Please check out this link below and contribute any amount you can.   And share with all your friends.  Thank you.

https://www.gofundme.com/help-paul-with-roof-repairs

Also, for those of you not on Facebook, there was drama again regarding the cats in the hood.

First, as I pulled up to one of my spots this a.m., where I've had trouble from the nasty chick that screams at 4 in the morning telling me to stop feeding the cats and take them with me cause her kids are afraid of them, this nasty piece of trash pulled up in a car, got out, walked over to me, and proceeded to tell me not to feed there.

So I proceeded to tell her that I had every right to feed there under the tree, between the side walk and the street, and that this was public property.  I could smell the alcohol from where she stood.  Drunk as a skunk.   I tried to reason with her quietly that the cats are not vicious and would never go near any children as they are afraid of them, and that no, I can’t take them because there aren’t enough homes for them, but I do what I can around these neighborhoods, but these particular cats are cared for as long as they have me, and I told her I was a nice person and why did she have to behave the way she does with me, and then she turned on me again.  She said I can’t wait for you to leave so I can throw that food out and I WANTED to her I would call the police if she did, I told her they not only tell her she can’t do that, but her driver there in the car with her would be given a breathalyzer and maybe ask where her kids were while she was out driving around drunk at 4 am.  I would love to mouth off to these kind of people, but it won't do me any good, so I try to be as kind as I can.  Anyways, I placed the food down, and drove off.  I drove back after I did my next stop, and the dishes were there, and she was gone. 

Back to yesterday’s drama.  The cats I trapped for TNR.  The cat from Ferndale and Webster – we named him Kanye – turned out to be microchipped.  And apparently microchipped by Rochester Animal Services.  And apparently unneutered as well.  Not sure how that happened.  His previous adopter (POS) from RAS was contacted and said he didn’t’ want the cat back, that he gave the cat to his mother, and that he and his mother didn’t speak and she probably put him out on the street.  I had him neutered, shots, combo tested, and brought him home.  He spent the night in my bathroom and was ready to go to back to RAS this morning where an employee from there saw the post and said they would take him back and he would go into a good foster care situation.  I spent time with Kanye, and he surely is a sweet cat.  A beauty too.  Long-haired grey boy.  I am glad he didn’t go back to the streets.  Lil’ Wayne, however, the other TNR – he was a mess.  And unfortunately, he DID go back to the street.  He had ‘severe otitis in left ear – polyp seen in horizontal canal – it was removed with forceps, EKT place in ear.  Multiple infected puncture wounds on ventral neck and right chest – they were clipped and flushed and penicillin and convenia was given.’  He spent the night in the trap on the porch, and was gently let go this morning, back to Parsells #3. 

"If you can't feed a hundred people, 
then feed just one." 
`Mother Theresa

2 comments:

  1. This issue of the poor kitty with the microchip from Rochester Animal Services saddens me so much. I am a cat volunteer at RAS and sometimes I can just tell that a particular animal isn't going to a good home, but there is nothing we can do to stop that. They continue to run "free" adoption events, in which animals are literally given away, even though people are always advised not to give animals away free because you don't really know what will become of them. It's all about getting the magic number, the "live release rate", as high as they can. This cat was lucky in that he will at least be returned and tried to rehome, but I think there are others who get dumped on the street and don't end up as well :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glendale, first-thank you for volunteering at RAS! Next, I couldn't agree more about the 'free' adoption events. I get some adoption fees can be very high but free? If you can't afford an adoption fee, or a reduced one, you probably can't afford to properly take care of an animal. Sadly, after this past weekend's 'free' adoption event, I wonder how many of those animals will end up on the streets? Or when people are sick of them, they'll just dump them?

    ReplyDelete