Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Help

Please share:  This is a GoFundMe I posted on Facebook for a kind-to-animals, elderly and very poor man in 'the hood' that lives in a dilapidated house with a dilapidated garage.  Every time it rains, he has to place buckets around his house to keep the floor dry.  He does not qualify for a grant from the city because his tiny house is listed as a double, which for the life of me, I don't know how or why.  I started this fundraiser trying to help Paul, but its not going very far.  All I can do is try.  Please click on the link below.

https://www.gofundme.com/help-paul-with-roof-repairs 

It rained buckets yesterday, at least three inches.  I can't imagine how it affected Paul's roof.  He tries not to call me because he knows I am doing what I can.  

It was wet out there this morning.  Yuck.  I hate the rain.  And first thing this morning, I got a message from a former adopter of Birdie and Poppy - adopted two years ago - that she needs to return one of them.   One is now attacking 'viciously' the other. The adopter has been to vet, tried meds and other ideas they have her. Adopter says this is no life for either one of them, keeping them separated in small apartment. Attacker is very affectionate with adopter but very mean to sister. Has checked with friends, no one will take her. What to do. Its either me, or Lollypop. I cannot take in any more cats!

I'm at my wits end.  This makes four cats this year that people have said they want to return.  

I just don't know what to do.

Poppy As a Kitten

4 comments:

  1. Hi Janine,
    Is Paul a veteran? Check out this program thru Home Depot https://corporate.homedepot.com/community/honoring-our-veterans

    I hope this helps...I'm trying to think outside the box

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend told me HAbitat for humanity may be able to help Paul. I will look into it. Also, it seems like there has to be some kind of reasonable amount of time where a person is now responsible for rehoming their pet if they "can't" keep it - and not expecting to be able to return it to you after years. That's ridiculous. I am sorry for the stress that causes you. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristin,

      I had checked with Habitat for Humanity and unfortunately they only build new homes and subsequently only help make repairs to homes they had built. I also contacted Commissioner Norman Jones from the City of Rochester and apprised him of Paul's predicament. I gave him Paul's address, phone number etc. Hopefully, we can help Janine's friend. I have spoken to Paul at length on a few occasions and he is a really nice man who desperately needs help.

      Walt Simoni

      Delete
  3. Also Janine, you have rescued 50 cats this year!! 50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete