Monday, August 20, 2018

TNR Monday!

Today was TNR Monday.  I had five spots to fill, and fill I did!

I HATE TNR.  The part I HATE is returning a cat to the streets.  But there aren't enough homes or people willing to take them in and care for them.  Some are feral, but some are not.  Sad, but true.

Here are some of the kitties trapped this morning:

First is Melville Mama - she has had kittens that are still out there.  Neighbor told me this morning she had not seen the kittens in days.  Kristin tried to trap them for me a few weeks ago, but no luck.  But this mama will not have babies again.   Sad part?  She is very friendly.  She has to go back to street.



Next is a kitty I've never seen on Parsells #1.  A tortie.  No babies for you missy.


Next I set a trap on Baldwin and Garson - got a prior TNR in the trap.  Cute little black and white.

Next pic, my mom has a colony of black cats in her back yard, I told her to set a trap, and BLAM.  She got the mother load she thinks.  You will recall I rescued five babies this past spring.  All have been adopted and we just couldn't get the mom.



Next, we have some barn kitties I've been helping out with.  Here we have Oreo and Inky, who went into the trap together!




And finally, we have Rocky.  The raccoon.  Hanging out in one of my shelters.  I just couldn't get him to move on.


So, all in all I would say it was a good day for helping to curb the overpopulation of cats - two for sure female in the bunch, I will post tomorrow the sexes of the others!

This weekend our fab photographer came by and photographed four of the kittens I have in my possession.  Aren't they adorable!







And my fab foster Sue had some folks stop by and meet her group, Chase, Sky, Joey (adoption pending) and Gabby!

I think we have an adopter for Chase!

Last week, we had someone go meet Parsley and Hermie.   As much as he liked them, he thought his kitty would be too domineering for these shy boys, so is going to meet Mr. Bingsley this week.



Connor is still available also!  Lets not forget Connor!



Have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. I cannot forget Connor. He has always been on my mind from the beginning, but I know that my cats would not tolerate a newcomer. Prayers for you sweet boy! I hope you get a home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes me too ! I loved writing Connors story - and I hope he finds a furever home soon ! After all hes been through he deserves it !

    ReplyDelete