Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Spay and Neuter!

Yesterday's TNR's turned out to be four females and one male.  Two of the females were POST PARTUM.   That means they had babies, and could be recent.  The Melville Mama had babies, but we don't know where they are.  They are big enough now, but haven't been seen in a few days, according to the woman that lives near where I trapped mama.  She was sitting outside on her porch yesterday morning and asked, in the dark (yes, startled me) if I caught one of the kittens.  Both cats stayed on my porch last night - and both darted quickly out of the traps when I let them out this morning.

I hate it.  But there are four females that will not produce, with their offspring, thousands more babies.

Yesterday's total? $400.  I sure could use help with the cost of this.  I do believe this is a city responsibility, and I should be reimbursed for what I've done for the past 15 years that I have been involved in TNR.  Boy, I would be a rich woman.  But if you do care to help me, it would be appreciated.  Food alone is $150 per week.  This is expensive, trying to save the world.  :(

This kitty is one of the last ones on the corner of Baldwin and Garson.  Jelly Bean, Mr. Bingsley and Titan were all rescued in a period of a week at this location.  This red fluffball kitty is sweet, and could use a home also.  Foster or adopt!




So far, I have two of the 8 kittens pending adoption.  Chase, and Joey.  I had two people that did not come to their allotted meet and greet Saturday and Monday, but that's OK.  These kittens are beautiful, and I am sure will be adopted.  We have lots of applications, but also a lot of people who are looking for a specific color. 

Cute story of the day:

THE POWER OF FRIENDS………….
For those of you that read my Blog know that today (yesterday) was TNR day. I mentioned that I was helping a friend that had barn kitties. She was able to catch two today, Oreo and Inky, who went in the trap together!
Well, when they arrived back home, the male Inky, after a brief stay was released.Unfortunately Oreo, the female, remains under evaluation.The word got out that Oreo was being held hostage so Blackie, her best friend came on the deck and would not leave her side. He positioned himself next to the trap. This seemed to calm Oreo down and she finally ate and drank some water. She is now on an enclosed porch and will be released in the morning.
Blackie still remains in the same spot !!! A sweet story that I wanted to share…..


Have a GREAT day!

"When a man has pity on all living creatures then only is he noble. "

No comments:

Post a Comment