Monday, August 27, 2018

Hello!

Did you miss me?  sure ya did!


Its been a totally whirlwind past five days, but in general, nothing has really changed!   I am still hobbling out there feeding cats, and still trapping when I can.  Speaking of, I was offered a spot for TNR this morning at the clinic, and set the trap on Parsells, and when I came back to check on it 15 minutes later, I snagged a kitten!  Where did this little one come from?  This is just the WORST street.  As I’ve said before, I could set a trap on each corner up and down this street and every day trap a new cat.  I panicked on this one this morning though because its just a baby.  Feral, but still a baby.  There was no way I would be able to release it to the street.  But I couldn’t keep it.  And I know this sounds bad, but I contemplated Lollypop.  I know there is the chance it would be euthanized there, but at 4 am., I have no other choices, at that moment.  This time I was smart enough to post its pic and mention this dilemma, and I started getting a few responses from people that would step up to the plate.  I love you people.  J  thanks to a girl named Michelle, she will take kitten – keep in a cage on her porch, and work with it.  She currently is unemployed and has the time to try to socialize it.  She has experience doing this.  I am having combo tested as well.  If anyone would like to help with the cost of this - $105 for services, I would be most appreciative.  This is a very expensive endeavor for this one household salary girl.  But it must be done!  We must stop the madness out there, the suffering!  Please call 585-288-0600 and ask to make a contribution toward my account with Rochester Community Animal Services, or press the donate button my this blog, or my website.  Thank you!  I’m calling ‘him’ Peanut for now!





Another sad situation:   I spotted a mother cat with newborns in the shelter on Ferndale and Webster on Friday morning.  Heartbreak.  The soft mewing from the kittens were sounds of newborns nursing, so I couldn’t disturb this, and it was the same mother kitty that had a litter here earlier this summer, and Keller’s Kats took those kittens in – all with eye issues.  I tried trapping mom all summer, she just wouldn’t fall for the trap.  And now here she was with another litter – at least I think it’s the same mom.    Regardless, I had all sorts of people reach out to tell me what I should do, but they also have to realize that unless the see the configuration of it all, they cannot know how hard it would really would be to get the mom AND the kittens.   Each morning she was there – I wanted her to nurse the kittens for a bit more – and then we could make some plan, I could get some help.  Two days ago I had to chase a skunk out of this tiny area, and then yesterday had to chase a raccoon out.  This scared mom and off she ran.  This morning, kittens were gone.  Heartbreak. 



Joey, the kitten rescued with her sister Sky, was adopted this weekend.  I say ‘adopted’ because nothing is final until after surgery.  I am sure to tell each adopter this to make sure they know it.  Its very important to me that they know this but I also want the kitten and adopter to begin the bonding process – plus little Joey has a big brother named Frankie.  Frankie and Joey. Isn’t that CUTE!  His new mom Deborah post lots of updates, which is GREAT!  I don’t always get that with new adopters.  Some just don’t want to be in touch anymore with me.  WHY?????  WAAAAAAA!

A family also came over to meet the kittens, and fell in love with Bo, and Daisy!!!  So there is another match.

AND, finally for the weekend, a girl and her boyfriend came over to visit with the kitten she met earlier (I had ALL the kittens on my porch this weekend…  UGGH!) and fell in love with Sky!  I am so glad to know that these kittens will have a pal to pal around with.  They are too young to be by themselves.  Older cats are one thing, but kittens must have a playmate – they learn from each other and keep each other company. 


Sue's compassionate son... 
learning the ropes


Finally, last but NOT least, I had a frantic request for help with someone to bottle feed to babies found where the mother was hit by car – dead, and the other newborn was also killed.  Little Grey and Little Blackie are now with Sue, my fabulous foster, who is feeding these little ones round the clock, every two hours.  God Bless SUE.  More to come on this – I would have to say they are a week old.  Their umbilical cords just fell off!

Oh, and NOT finally!  Kristin came upon some kittens and a mom who were trapped by an 85 year old woman last week, and kittens needed to find a home fast.  Meet ‘Moo Moo’.  Her siblings are with other fosters, and Mom is still with Kris for now.

MOO MOO and Abby! 
(Abby's mom is fostering the kittens this week)


And this is why I have no life!  J

Have a great day!

“for there is nothing heavier than compassion. Not even one's own pain weighs so heavy as the pain one feels with someone, for someone, a pain intensified by the imagination and prolonged by a hundred echoes.” 

1 comment: