Thursday, August 9, 2018

TGIF (for me)

The creep on Niagara - property manager apparently for the empty building - came by yesterday to finally mow and clean up the place, and removed two shelters and some boards I had there.  Threw away the cat food and water as well.  The landlord of the house on Parsells #2, where there is NO WHERE any longer to feed those 5-6 cats there - but I continue to place plates of food and bowl of water for them - continues to remove them each day.  And finally, that 'woman' on Pennsylvania continues to remove the food and water that I place under the tree for the kitties there.  This is where hate comes from - from people like this.  These people are the ones that keep us at war with each other.  Why can't everyone be compassionate towards the unfortunate?  Offer solutions, help to make things better, instead of ignoring or making the problem worse.

There are still two babies (grey) on one end of Melville, and a baby (red) on the other end.   The red baby on the other end of Melville, and her tortie mom have figured out how to put their paw through the end of the trap and grab the food that way.  Tuesday morning I set two kitten traps there, and when I returned after feeding, the food was gone, and trap doors still open.  And yes, I tested the trip plate, it worked just fine.  I have SEVEN kittens and FOUR adults in foster.  I must figure this out.  I NEED MORE FOSTERS!  I need more money for getting these cats spayed and neutered!  I also need to get the female breeder on Ferndale and Webster spayed - she could be pregnant again.  So could the Melville kitty, mother to the grey kittens there.

I took kittens in to vet yesterday, both Daisy and Bo have mild case of calici virus.  Daisy had an ulcer in her mouth, which made her uncomfortable, which made her hiss a lot.  Hopefully with the meds they will be on the mend soon.  I also had combo testing done and they are good to go!  Another expensive day for me yesterday. 

I have tomorrow off, so I will be running around as usual, but hopefully will find time for myself to sit and breathe.  I need that too.

Lets find Connor a home.  He deserves a forever home.  His foster mom would love to see this as well.  Please share!




CONNOR 💗

Have a great day!

For Stray and Homeless Animals
To all the fur-beings who are lost, 
Or homeless,
Or living as strays,
may they find a good meal to eat.
May they have shelter to keep them warm.
May they have comfort.
May they be shown kindness by strangers.
And may they return home, or find good homes.
May they rest in a place in which they can thrive.
Filled with love, with warmth, with tender caring,
with good food, with true companions
for all of their days.



2 comments:

  1. Please tell me more about Connor. Is he good with kids, dogs, other cats? What do you think his ideal home would look like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janine the Bean RescueAugust 9, 2018 at 9:19 PM

      He is good with kids. He has not lived in a home with other cats or dogs. HE IS VERY FEARFUL OF MEN. His ideal home would be with a single or retired woman, no men and as an only pet or maybe one other friendly cat.

      Delete