Friday, August 3, 2018

TGIF!!!

Image result for key to happiness quote

Man o Man!  That's for sure!  Whadda week!

A big shout out to Kristin, who woke this morning at most likely 2:30 am. to be at my house at 3:45 am., all the way from Churchville.  She and Joel are the only two brave souls I know to drive from that distance to help me out occasionally in the mornings.  (Oops!  You too Sunday Sheryl!  Every Saturday!)  :) Not that others haven’t, but offers to help trap are far and few between.  I certainly do not find fault in others for that – we all have our stuff.  We all have our strengths and weaknesses.  And we all help in ways others cannot.

Kristin came to sit at two kittens traps that were set for two fluffy grey kittens that have been seen on Melville ever since Sheryl and I spotted them on Saturday morning.  Their mom is very thin, and very sweet.  She needs to be spayed, but I didn’t want to do it with her kittens still on the street.  Unfortunately, no luck today.  She is not even sure if saw a kitten.  It saddens me to think something might have happened to them.  It saddens me more to think that there are more cats on this street, and there is going to be no where to shelter them come winter.  The bastard property manager has sealed shut the old spot I had shelters for for these cats that have been here for years – this very spot I’ve been feeding cats that were dumped by the guy that used to live in this still vacant house when he moved out.  I looked up the owner of the property, and her name is Judy, and she lives in Rochester.  I wonder if she is a cat lover, and knows that the country bumpkin property manager treats the cats the way he has treated them.  These cats here have no where to go.  I’ve rescued MANY cats from this area.  And TNR’d most of them. Obviously, this girl here is new, and so are her babies.

Click on pics to see up close!

REESE!

Same cat!

I finally had someone reach out to me with a PLAN.  I plan on rescuing the little black and white kitty on Parsells this coming Tuesday.  This sweet girl named Janessa, who lives in Lyons, saw his picture, and found it in her heart to open her home up to foster this kitty.  I told her she could name it – REESE.  We still don’t know if male or female, spayed or neutered, but I thought Reese was a perfect name for either sex.  It will be vetted that day, hopefully, and then she will pick him up.  This is what is needed when I rescue cats from the streets – a PLAN! And there are still plenty more JUST LIKE REESE!  Like this one...

CENTRAL PARK

I just told this one this morning that his time will come.

CENTRAL PARK





I received a note from the girl that volunteers at RAS about FIDO aka Kanye – the cat I trapped on Tuesday but turned out to be microchipped.  I brought him back to RAS after she told me he would be well taken care of and would go to a good foster.  She said he was going great, and sent me his ‘bio’.   Sweet.  I would have loved to keep him.  I hope he goes fast.



Mike with his canine brother

Mike, Ike and Jerry


If any of you remember Mike the kitten.  I received an update from his mom, who makes baby hats, and Mike aka Wolfie made the perfect model for one of the hats. Here he is today, gangsta style...

MIKE aka WOLFIE Today!

Remember Taco?  :)  Here is is, then and now!








TACO TODAY!
Finally, Sky and Joey - both are available for adoption!




Have a great day!

"The key to happiness is letting 
each situation be what it is instead 
of what you think it should be."

1 comment:

  1. Great pics today J !
    Thanks for going out to help KM !
    I know how hard trapping is !
    Last time I was out with Janine I could not see if my trap had anything in it - so I had to keep walking over to it every half hour to check. I probably scared all the potential cats away. Plus the "characters" walking by the location every 10 minutes dont help either !
    I suck at trapping I guess ...
    LOL

    ReplyDelete