Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Streets to Treats!


Click on pics to view up close!

First off:  Buddy Update - he is doing well!  I miss that little brat!  He was in my house for the majority of time since he was rescued, and I nearly fell in love!  But off to a good home he went, where he has a new big brother Louie.  They didn't take to each other at first, but are slowly gaining ground with each other.  :)

Buddy and Louie - their own chairs!

BUDDY!

Buddy Brother Louie - can you tell who is real?


All was quiet this weekend in the hood.  No major drama.  Just the @#$%@ messing with my stuff because they don’t want a cat being fed on their BOARDED UP VACANT LAND.  The only place these cats KNOW!  You come around and buy the place, and expect them to move on.  Well, it doesn’t happen that way, JERK!  (sorry, had to get that off my chest).

This weekend was a total blur.  I had Friday off, and yesterday was a day at the boss's house for a work retreat.  Cloudy, but at least she had a pool filled with water.  I LOVE water.  I love BEING in water.  During the winter, I have DREAMS of being in the water.  And baths just don't cut it.

I do, however, remember that I rescued THREE CATS THIS WEEKEND!  First was Mr. Bingsley, the TNR I did last Tuesday.  I had named him Baldy because I couldn't think of any other name, and he was going back to the streets.  A girl had reached out to me, who was referred to me by Mylene, thank you very much Mylene, and said she would take the black and white kitty on Parsells who I had photographed a few times.  A very sweet kitty.  Well, that very morning, when I went to rescue him, he was not there for the first time in a long time, and he has not been seen since.  This has happened before to me.  I feel sometimes like someone is reading this blog and they go and swoop up the cats that I want to rescue!  Weird.  I pray he is OK.  But in the meantime, I asked her if she would consider this other guy, and she said yes!  YES TO THE DRESS!  I mean the cat.   J Sorry, a little morning humor.  Since she picked him up (to foster), she has sent me nothing but good news.  He is doing beautifully.





On Saturday, I got a call from Tom and Edie, the couple that live behind the vacant lot where I have a shelter on Parsells, saying they trapped a kitten.  ‘Teddy’ is the 5th kitten of the litter on Melville/Parsells. Thanks to them, they trapped the hopefully last kitten.  This one was a mess.  I've been watching him for weeks there, and just could not trap him.  Severe upper respiratory infection, eye gunk, nose gunk, scabs on his paws, fleas, worms, just a mess.  He was brought to Emergency on Sunday morning, to the tune of $160, and sent home with Clavamox, and treated for the worms and fleas.  I could have done the worms and flea stuff, but he was so emaciated, I didn’t know how much to give him, and didn’t know if he needed more, like fluids, etc.   What are ya gonna do.




Next, I had posted a picture, maybe on Thursday, of a cat I had TNR’d a week prior, at the same spot Mr. Bingsley was at, and someone saw him and said, I will take him, get him.  So, yesterday morning, BAM!  Got him, and off he went to her house.  Toni, my dear friend, has adopted several others in the past – that’s all we need to help get some of these poor sweet cats off the street – just call or write me and say -  I WILL TAKE HIM!  GET HIM!  That’s all it takes!  I will do the dirty work!







In the middle of these three rescues, Kristin calls and says I have another kitten that I need to find foster for!  I said I would take her, and sure enough, Sue, the foster for Sky, Joey and Chase, stepped up and said she would take her.  She named her Gabby after the young girl that called Kristin to say this kitten was on her doorstep.  A beautiful calico.  I went to visit all four kittens, and have to say, they are ADORABLE!

Gabby



Meanwhile, Melissa is busy working with Daisy, Luke and Bo, getting them socialized.  Its more Daisy that is a little hisser, but she did fall asleep in Melissa’s arms the other day.  So she doesn’t need all that work on socialization.  J







Stay tuned – we should have some idea on a fundraiser for JanineTheBean Rescue this year.   Thanks to my crew – Kristin, Andrea and Crystal, who are meeting on Wednesday to hammer out some plans.

Thanks for listening, and have a GREAT day!

Image result for finding happiness quotes

1 comment:

  1. MEOW AND CHOW !
    WOOT !
    Cant wait !
    I got a brand new second cat stories book !
    Who wants one ?
    :O

    ReplyDelete