Friday, August 17, 2018

TGIF!

Greetings!  Happy Friday!  Boy, am I glad, as most of the working world is on a Friday. 

It was not so fun going out at 3:45 this morning.  The rain from Spain was calmly sprinkling the earth, and my hair.  Its been a rough end to the summer (NOT that summer is over or anything!) - we've had SO much rain, so much humidity, so much heat!  (although I never complain about the heat, never). 

To backtrack, I've had a lot of physical issues the past five years or so, my joints, arthritis, etc.  Its not been fun.  Unless you have it, chronic pain is very difficult to live with.  I get a multitude of cortisone injections regularly, and it helps, but once it wears off, and your appointment is in the distance, its very very hard to not only do the 'normal' stuff in life, but compound that with the hour and a half of getting in and out of a car each morning, and walking through fields, and bending down to pour food and water.  The doctor said that its worse when the barometric pressure rises and falls like it has been - and it sure has been. I hobbled to the doctor yesterday, and he could have put needles in my eye to make me feel better, I wouldn't have cared.  Instead, he put needle in my hip and left knee.  Next week, I get one in a shoulder, and each thumb.  I'm a walking basket case - and I'm only 30 years old!  :)

So good news:

Teddy, the fifth kitten from the Parsells bunch, is doing MUCH better.  He is still a bit fearful, but once held, will stay in your arms forever, and even purr and then fall asleep.  He was out there a good two weeks after the rest of his sibs were trapped.  Here he is this morning.

TEDDY!


And finally, TA DAAAAAA!!!!!  Another rescue!  I rescued his handsome - from what I am told - he's a flame point - this morning after a friend - actually her dad adopted Charlie! a year or two ago - saw him in a picture I posted, and she said she would take him if I could get him!  And boy was he easy this morning, just before the rains came.  I swooped him up, and she is on her way to get him now!  He is unneutered, so am making an appointment for him now. 

ASHER
(of course, this name will change soon!)


He was hard to capture in a good picture - but he does have blue eyes! 

Isn't that AWESOME!  :)

Have a FABULOUS day!

"To live is to suffer, 
to survive is to find
some meaning in the 
suffering."





No comments:

Post a Comment