Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Good Lord... Another Baby....





I swear, I don't go out looking to rescue cats.  Its just that I can't walk away from something I know is not right.  And a tiny kitten, with its back to me, eating the food I just left, outside next to a dumpster, is just not right.  I approached quietly, and it didn't even know I was sneaking up to grab it.  It just turned around, saw pink boots, and turned back to eat the wet food I had just placed for the gazillion red cats at Parsells near Webster Avenue.  I just grabbed it with my thumb and first finger, the thing is so tiny and light.

The people that use that building, whoever they are, keep picking up the bowls and getting rid of them.  I need to speak to them and tell them that their problem is not going to go away, and neither am I, until the situation can get under control.  They don't know who they are dealing with.  I will go to any length to help the plight of these animals.

This little guy needs vetting, its eyes are all wet...  I am sure it nothing, and he will grow and thrive to be a beautiful boy someday.  In the meantime, I just know I need help.  Today, Gracie and her babies are being dropped off at my house.  All six kittens and Gracie are going to the vet.  Gracie will be tested for leukemia, and kittens will be treated for fleas and worm medicine.  I am ashamed this wasn't done sooner than the six weeks they've been alive.  I've had too much on my plate to ask the foster.

My vet bills have been astronomical.  People don't understand, $60 for an adult cat, and $120 for a kitten is NOTHING compared to what I am actually spending per cat.  Think about all the kitten food, let alone the wellness checks, if they have sniffles, all the combo tests that have been done.  I have spent so much out of my own pocket.  I could sure use donations.  I am the little guy.  The bigger rescues get so much more help.

OK, I am done whining.  Carpe Diem!

PS, two cats I TNR'd yesterday morning:  Red was a boy, neutered!  Other was a girl, pregnant!  No more babies!

Have a great day!

"These mountains
that you are
carrying, you were 
only supposed to
climb."

No comments:

Post a Comment