Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Brutus!

Carmel on sofa, Pierre under table
If this doesn’t make you happy, I don’t know what will.  J  Here is a picture of Carmel (now Carmella) and Pierre in their new home.  Click on the picture to see it better.  I have to say, those that adopt adult cats are my favorite (not that I don’t love you all!).  Adult cats are bring you serenity.  Kittens are a worry!  I would rather have an adult cat that a kitten.  Definitely.  Here these two are, both fending for themselves on the streets two months ago, and now in a wonderful home where they receive all the creature comforts a cat can have.    They are safe and loved.  Thank you Sheryl!



Last night Brutus, as he is known around the neighborhood - except for the paperwork at the clinic I had him under as Brett – and then dubbed him Larry from Laurelton - spent the night in the trap I trapped him in yesterday morning.  HE was heavily sedated when he was brought back from the clinic.  And let me tell you, he was a MESS.  Here is what the paperwork read after he was discharged yesterday:  Two deer ticks removed; mats trimmed/brushed out; VERY heavy debris AU (ears…), likely from miles (wounds behind ears likely from scratching at ears) – ears cleaned, Revolution should treat mites; other small wounds superficial, no further treatment needed.  Poor Brutus.  When I awoke this morning at 2 am., I immediately went to the porch first thing and let him go.  He did not run, but slowly walked off the porch, down the steps and turned the corner.  I wished him well. 




In the meantime, Mommy cat was crying her head off, head butting the fingers I placed through her carrier door.  She didn’t touch the food I had placed there last evening.  It was very hard to let her go when I began my rounds this morning, but I did notice, the house she came from, had food dishes, albeit empty, but they were out there by the side of the house.  Too bad they let her outside to get pregnant, and have her babies running around too.

MARSHMALLOW
Speaking of babies, Marshmallow is doing great.  Yes, I named him Marshmallow.  Of course when he is adopted someone will change his name, I know its not very masculine, but once he is neutered, he won’t be as masculine as he thinks he is.  So the three siblings are Itsy (boy), Bitsy (girl) and Marshmallow (boy).  Itsy and Bitsy will be picked up today from one home and brought to my foster Melissa, who will work her magic in them to get them more socialized.  The most critical time when you rescue a feral kitten is that first day.  You have to show them you mean them no harm, but that you are the boss.  No matter how afraid you are of being bit, once you are able to scruff them and hold them, you WILL get them to relax, and then the purring begins.  And each time you approach them, they are less fearful.  It works!  It really does! The older they get the harder it gets, but thankfully these kittens are young enough to turn around.  I am thankful to their first set of ‘parents’ that they were there when I immediately needed someone to take them after their spay and neuter.  Joy and her husband have been fosters in the past and were parents to Domino who I rescued.  He has since passed, but people like them are rare.  We need more fosters!

Sweet Melville kitty waiting to be rescued
I cannot rescue another cat in need until I can get all the kittens and Destiny a home.  The beautiful sweet boy on Melville that I TNR'd a month or two now runs to me, and runs after me when I am leaving. It's heartbreaking to leave him.  He is NEXT.  But I need fosters!  Please consider.

Have a great day!

"No matter how devastating our struggles, disappointments, and troubles are, they are only temporary. No matter what happens to you, no matter the depth of tragedy or pain you face, no matter how death stalks you and your loved ones, the Resurrection promises you a future of immeasurable good."

No comments:

Post a Comment