Monday, June 12, 2017

Baby Banditos!

Don't forget to click on pics to make them larger! 

Rascally Raccoons!

Three of these greeted me this morning here on Parsells.  Little devils.  They hissed, but that was as big as their bark, or bite.  They wouldn't move, so I went and finished up my last three spots and headed back to find them gone.  I am sure momma came by to tell them to follow her - the humans were out!  Beware!  :)

Well, its not Spencer's time yet.  He is not ready for the bridge yet.  I will call again today to cancel his appointment at the vet.  Even though he is barely eating, he still comes down and wanders for a few minutes.  He tries to eat, licks a little water, is curious about the kittens, and then he goes back up to bed.  I am grateful to Elisabeth for venturing over to my house this morning and doing what you can for him.  She has all sorts of potions for him to try.  I thank those of you that dropped off stuff for Spencer.  And I thank Carole Reed for mailing me some much needed medicine to continue to treat the kitties out there suffering from upper respiratory infections and wounds.  I think Blackie #2 is just about healed.  As for you Spencer, I love my little boy!  Keep fighting Spencer!

MANLEY (Carter)
Carter, as you will recall, is the long haired kitty I rescued from Central and Second a few months ago, is sick.  I have been corresponding with his mom and we are keeping our fingers crossed his medicine works.  She says:   "Hi, we just took Carter (new name Manley) to the vet - he's sick - he has swollen lymph nodes in his neck and shoulders.  Could be cancer, or some kitty diseases.  So we are on meds for 10 days and see what happens.  I'm doing all I can."  a few days later... "Today he is full of energy and running around and playing!  Oh I hope it continues.  The next ten days I'm hoping we see the lymph nodes shrink.  I know your going through some hard things too..  Your not alone!"  Saturday... "I know you said you wanted updates.  He's OK.  His lymph nodes are still quite big, I'm wanting that medicine to shrink them now!  But its only been three days... He seems to be OK.  Real lovey.  Plays sleeps, a perfect kitty. If they are same or bigger we go back and go from there.  His neck is swollen, his shoulders are swollen, he eats good but at times he has a hard time swallowing.  I'm praying its nothing."  Please say a prayer for Manley.  He needs out help, and you know what they say about the power of prayer.

On a brighter note.   A week ago today, I rescued (trapped and broke a tail!  :( ) two little kittens out of three who were hanging with their mom on Melville.  Mom, by the way, has a plastic flea collar.   After trapping the two, I did not see mom nor the third kitten for days.  Well, Sunday morning, there they were.  I got out, placed water and food down, and after seeing momma come and eat, so did this little one.  And boom, bam, blam.  Got him.  He was WILD at first.  All over my walls, up and down, knocking stuff off, tearing apart a plant, but once calmed down, I carefully touched him, and then scruffed him, and since then, its now a love affair.  I love this little scared monster of a purrer.  I haven't named him yet.  He will go into clinic for neutering tomorrow for TNR Tuesday. I am hoping am praying mom is there tomorrow so I can scruff her and place her in carrier and get her spayed, and then have to return her.  She is right in between two feeding spots I currently am doing, so she shouldn't have any problem with getting food.  Now we have to work on his siblings who haven't really had much interaction with their humans who are caring for them.  But we will get them to come around!



THIRD KITTEN FROM MELVILLE


All 14 kittens are all spoken for and almost officially adopted!  Two more meet and greets, but I am sure they will fall in love.  Who couldn't fall in love with Toesie and Rosie.

Have a great day!

PS, I will be having an online auction soon.  Stay tuned for details!  :)

"Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray this cushy life to keep.
I pray for toys that look like mice,
And sofa cushions, soft and nice.

I pray for gourmet kitty snacks,
And someone nice to scratch my back,
For windowsills all warm and bright,
For shadows to explore at night.

I pray I'll always stay real cool
And keep the secret feline rule
To NEVER tell a human that
The world is really ruled by CATS!"


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got the last baby! Great work AGAIN!! I will be saying a little prayer for Carter/Manley. Good stuff happening everywhere you go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's incredible that all the kittens are spoken for! Whew. I'll keep praying for Spencer and add Carter.

    ReplyDelete