Wednesday, October 29, 2014

UPDATE to today's post

So I get a call from the guy fixing up/buyer? of the property.   Nope.  Move my stuff or he is cutting it up.  I leave work, go there, get out of the car, and bam, in my face, two black guys screaming at me.  These kind of people, you cannot talk to.  THEN, after no reasoning whatsoever, the wife of one of the guys comes up, gets in my face, SCREAMING.  She then called the police, I called the police, waiting waiting waiting - I felt like we were in a boxing ring - she in one corner, me in the other.  The police pull up, listen to her side of the story first, I patiently waited on the side, tears streaming down my face earlier, but trying to keep my composure to speak rationally to the officer when its my turn.  Of course she was sweet as pie to the officer. She was a raging ______  /lunatic to me.

Bottom line, no more on their property, until I can get the NET officer, Garth Mitchell, to open the garage for me to get the rest of the homemade shelters that were boarded up inside there this past winter, where neck wound kitty has survived in, due to opening the boards slightly to allow these cats safe haven, especially in light of the harsh winter we had.

The people there today were the nastiest, no, not the nastiest - I overheard them saying "I hate cats, I'm allergic to them, etc."

My heart is broken for these cats.  I know that the orange cat will find its way somewhere, but the black cat is lost, innocent, and will be very confused.  I don't know what I should do.  HELP.




This is the only pathetic little spot in this world that this cat asked for to survive.  And its now been taken away from him.  This kind of mentality makes me sick.

6 comments:

  1. My heart is so heavy after reading this and goes out to you. What is wrong with these people!. You are trying to do such a good thing for these animals and they are just downright nasty that is so wrong. Hang in there Janine maybe someone can help with Blackie and get him out of the city
    Tspencer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janine - maybe your neighbor patty said she loves black cats - maybe she will foster Blackie in place of one of the 4 she is going to foster for me. Blackie needs the help more. What do you think?? -Kristin
    BTW - unbelievable that people are such assholes (sorry - I had to say it)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sad. People have no idea how much you have improved THEIR neighborhood and to be such idots.. Am so proud of you and what you have to do.
    Stand tall don't you fall....
    Alan

    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto Kristin's description. If Blackie needs a foster home let me know. I'm sure I can convince Mike. -carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Guys, but this cat is not sociable. He is a sweetheart underneath, but does scratch/bite if you don't watch yourself. I am going to try to trap him and a friend has offered her barn to him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It might be worth a try to give Blackie a chance in foster care. Once he feels safe and has a chance to chill out, he may not show the defensive (scratch, bite) side of him. You yourself said he is a sweetheart underneath. I have seen many cats who seemed like scary biters when they were OUTSIDE, never show that side again once they realized they didnt have to be constantly on the defensive any more. You could always take up the barn offer if it didnt work out and you still think he is aggressive.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete