Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hump Day!

Love that Geico commercial with the camel....  :)

Hi Folks!  Please keep in mind, I am having problems with this blogsite, so I am just about a day behind in my posts.  GRRRR.  If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

Yesterday morning I set a trap for Nicky (a/k/a Neck Wound Kitty) who has been suffering for years with a huge wound on his neck - cause is still undetermined - and scratches at it to the point of howling, every few seconds of his 24 hour long days.  The poor thing has travelled from spot to spot with me, and is just untrappable.  Even the great master trapper, Laura, is unable to get him.  I don't know what to do about it anymore.  I tried again yesterday, with my crappy regular Have a Heart trap, but he wont fall for it.  I wound up with another very unhappy uneartipped kitty that I had to let go because I had no appointment scheduled anywhere, which there are no clinics on Tuesdays regardless, nor do I have money at the moment, or transportation for the clinic.

I've been feeding a kitten, along with Big Red, and the buff red cat that had her kittens I suspect on Pennsylvania and Fourth (whom I haven't seen lately), and I shined my flashlight on the kitten this morning and she (?) almost looks pregnant to me.  She is what I would call feral for a kitten.  RUNS like the devil when I come near her. 

At Webster and Ferndale, my bowls were left there overnight, surprise surprise, but I bring my supplies each day regardless, as there are at least four cats waiting to gobble the food I place there.  Crazy Marilee called me again yesterday - thank God I have her number programmed in so I can see caller ID, she rambles about feeding them Science Diet and they are getting sick with what I give them and telling me to stop feeding there.  She lives down the street, this woman needs her meds.  She is the girl that believes no cats should be spayed, it is not God's way.  First she was my friend, now she is my enemy, knowing I am getting these cats sterilized.  I can't wait to see her in person (I won't bother to call her back), telling her to stop with her silly and harassing calls, and to mind her own business.  I have enough problems without her!

Even though its in the 90s here (ugggh), I need to get my more secure shelters prepared for the cold and snow.  I have two plastic tote shelters right now, could use more, and perhaps a bit of straw.  Definitely some boards to cover the openings, and to place on top of two shelters to create a roof.  And some good thick tarp material.  That helps.  Perhaps even some bungee cords.

All in all, despite many obstacles, I continue to put one foot forward and move ahead.  Sometimes, that's all you can do. 

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I have a couple of tubs but they didn't come with lids. I'm thinking maybe a piece of plywood over the top would work? What do you think?

    ReplyDelete