Tuesday, April 3, 2018

TNR Tuesday!

What a weekend.  So much to tell.

We will start with today.  Thank you Joel for riding with me two days in a row.  Joel enjoys these early morning rendezvous in the dark - seeing the 'seedy' side of life with the street cats.  I am thankful for his patience with me, and all my idiosyncrasies!  :) 

Melville TNR Today

Today is TNR Tuesday.  I set a trap on Melville, and soon got this little one.  Not sure if its boy or girl, but my guess would be boy.  He is at the clinic and will be neutered/spayed, given shots, and will spend the night on my porch before I release him back to the streets in the morning.

Speaking of TNR, the kitten I brought to a barn setting last week - turns out she is a sweet little thing, 6 mos. old, WAS pregnant, and is now with the girl that had the barn's sister (was the latter proper English?).  I am hoping to hear more from them soon.

CONNOR

Saturday morning, Connor was brought to a foster home, and what an AWESOME set up he has.  This poor boy, after going in for ANOTHER vet visit on Friday (to the tune of $130), given a new set of antibiotics, and spending the past two weeks locked up in a bedroom, now has the run of the house.  And his foster mom adores him.  Thank you Joanne for opening your heart and home to him!

NYX

Onyx a/k/a NYX is coming out of his shell slowly at foster mom Melissa's home.  Here he is wandering out for nearly the first time since his captivity!

Chewy is doing well at her foster home with Amanda, and I am hoping an adoption happens next month!




And speaking of 'moms', Buffy and babies are doing fabulous!  Babies eyes are finally opening.  And they have already doubled in size since their birth March 23rd.  Buffy seems to have no more issues, fingers crossed.  My plans are to take mom and babies back to my house soon, as their foster mom runs a business and, as much as I know she loves them, she has free reign to stop and see them when she can.  She also has Hermie and Parsley who have not yet begun to trust me, but are beginning to trust Carol.  I try to see them every day, but am obviously not there as much as Carol is.  It takes time for some kitties, and these guys have been through so much.  Capture, adoption, foster, and now new foster again.  They are sweet kitties though and deserve happiness, not fear.

Thanks all I have for updates for now.

Connor and NYX are both ready!  Just need to fill out adoption application!


Have a great day!




3 comments:

  1. I am a bit confused on what form I need to fill out to adopt either Connor or Onyx. Please help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.janinethebeanrescue.org/cat-adoption-form/ this is the link to the adoption form.

      Delete
  2. Yeah you got a few - but dont we all ?
    ;)

    ReplyDelete