Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Quick Updates

CONNOR!~

CONNOR!

CONNOR!

MILO!!! (aka Rusty)

NYX (ONYX)

STRIPEY

STRIPEY

STRIPEY


So these pictures aren’t in any particular order, but since yesterday, so much has happened.

All three kitties came back to me from the clinic.  I had trapped them between 4-5 am. in the Beechwood section of Rochester.   Two were neutered, one was spayed.  All were eartipped.  One received a little extra due to sniffles, and also some torn nails = most likely from the thrashing around it did when the trap door shut.  It’s the worst, to see these cats in such distress. But the second you cover the cages, they always calm down.  The total for the three cats - $272.  Insane.  I so appreciate any and all help those of you have done over the years that I’ve been asking for it.  Its hard to ask for other’s money, but I now see this as a community problem, and one I am trying to tackle, along with a good handful of others locally.  So THANK YOU to those of you that I don’t get to thank personally.  I know what it takes to give – we do it because we CARE about animals and their welfare.  And thank GOD for the compassion we were gifted with.   Most likely it comes from our upbringing, either our father or mother showed us by their examples of caring for others.  I feel sorry for those that were not taught compassion.  What a harsh existence their life that must be.

OK, I am off track!

So I got a call from a woman that wanted to foster the Lynx point that I trapped.  A beautiful kitty, but feral.   I had seen it occasionally in the darkness of the early morning hours, but it would always run and hide.  The other, the Ragdoll (as Joel tells me it is) has come a long way in trusting me.  Both these cats are at the same location – Parsells #1 – which by the way, the house is being renovated and I am being kicked out every day – muy plates and bowls are gone, and they trashed my shelters.  But I keep feeding.  I won’t let these cats starve, but I must figure out something.  I will post the address tomorrow (in case anyone knows someone!).  anyhow, I had this kind person come over after the cats were brought to my porch from the clinic, and have a look at him.  He was calm in the cage.  We arranged that he would be  brought over in the morning if she could provide a very large cage for him and have it all set up.  She also knew this was not a foster situation, but something she was taking on herself, and I warned her of the greatness of the challenge it would be.  She was set after I read her last note early this morning that she had written to me that night – she had the cage and was ready.

This morning, when I peeked in at him, and replenished his food and water, it was not pretty.  He was hissing, and spitting and swatting.  A true feral.  I had to make the decision to let him back, which I did.  I couldn’t live with myself, or be responsible for this cat and this woman who was willing to open her heart and home, but was not experienced in turning a feral kitty into a nice sweet kitty, nor do I.  Sad, but true.  We can’t save them all.  But also, from my experience, after TNR’g many kitties, they DO begin to trust, and those are the ones I CAN rescue!  And adopt out!  I could give you a TON of testimonials from those that have adopted from me. 

The good news of the day is that another woman, one who adopted Toebe and Maize, two of the gazillion kittens I had last year, called to say she wanted to foster STRIPEY!  Stripey and her brother SWIRLEY were born on the streets but came to trust me since they were born almost a year ago and I discovered them when they were just older tykes!  Sue came by last evening and took Stripey, placed her in a cage at her home, and will work together to gain each other’s trust.  She has also offered to take in Swirley, who I am hoping to grab on Thursday.  Fantastic!

So there you have it.  I can’t wait to update you more on Connor’s progress,  Nyx, Parsley and Hermie, Buffy and her kittens, Dixie, Pixie and Mookie, the three black kittens being bottle fed, and Chewy’s impending adoption next month!. Phew!  That’s a lot of cats! 

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hey J ?
    The pictures of the tabby are labeled SWIRLY ?
    But the blog says you wont get Swirly until THURSDAY ?
    Are the pics of STRIPY ?

    ReplyDelete