Thursday, April 5, 2018

Short and Sweet!


Yesterday, and all through the night, we had wind gusts of up to 80 miles an hour.  Trees down, shingles off roofs, everything was blowing, including shelters.  I had many missing this morning.  I must ask my friend Saturday Sheryl to bring more when she comes.  The Styrofoam ones.  She spray paints them brown, which is another thing I need to add to my wish list.  Spray paint - brown - outdoor stuff that will hold through rain, etc.  Sort of waterproofs.  Not sure what you call it.

The wind was terrifying for me as I always think this giant tree in front of my house will fall and crush everything.  Thanks to Joel, who once again offered his help in rebuilding some of the spots - all 19 of them that I drive to each morning.  Not too many were bothered, most sheltered from the west by a fence, and most are tough shelters built out of wood.  I felt sorry for the babies though that don't have these shelters to hide out in.

Wouldn't it be nice if mayors of each city could commission people to build these shelters and fill them with straw so cats could have a safe place to sleep in.  Take for instance the shelters on Grand and Baldwin, where the church allows me to keep shelters for the cats on their vacant lot.  The school, Edison Tech, their students built two very heavy weatherproof shelters that have two stories inside them, filled with straw, and these are lifesavers for these cats.  I am hoping to paint them with pretty little flowers this year, to make the vacant lot even prettier.  This would be a great model for mayors to follow!



A wonderful rescue group in Buffalo, the same one that took in the pregnant cat I rescued from Central and Fifth a few weeks ago told me that 'Amy' had her babies a few days ago and asked if they could take some of the black kittens that were born outside my mother's house.  Sure enough, they drove to Caledonia where Amanda has been bottle feeding all five round the clock, and took two.  They placed them with Amy, and all went well!  I am waiting on a good update, and pictures.  Stay tuned.



Buffy and her babies are thriving!  Take a look!  Thanks to Mama Carol for caring for them, as well as Hermie and Parsley, who are always ready for their forever home.

Have a great day!

See the source image

1 comment:

  1. Carol, thank you for saving those helpless kittens - that's one tough job AND Parsley and Hermie. You're the best. And Joel - so generous with your time AND a talented writer. Thank you for all you do to help Janine.

    ReplyDelete