Friday, April 27, 2018

"Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths

Enwrought with golden
and silver light

The blue and the dim
and the dark cloths

Of night and light and
the half-light.

I would spread the cloths
under your feet,

But I, being poor,
have only my dreams,

I have spread my dreams
under your feet;

Tread softly because
you tread on my dreams."

W.B. YEATS

Now, if anyone can interpret that, tell me.  I  read and wrote this down several months ago at a friend's home who is an English literature professor with a lot of poetry books, and we had a bit of wine as well.  I thought it beautiful at the time and still do, but not sure about interpretation.  :)

oh well.

Such silly stuff on my mind.  Always.  I don't think I will ever grow up and be an 'adult.'

Baldwin and Grand
 (taken this morning with my broken cell phone)


This morning, as I was finishing up my rounds, I noticed a girl getting out of a truck and going into a house near one of my shelter locations, and she said hello as I turned around, while crouching to fill food and water dishes.  I said hello, she asked if I was feeding cats, I said yes, and I turned around to talk to her, and she started to tell me about a cat she had.  She said this house was an emergency shelter, which she was obviously staying at, but that she had to leave her little cat back at her last place, on Pulaski Street (#38) off Hudson Avenue.  She told me it was a beautiful and sweet cat that answered to the name of Baby G.  She told me she had the markings of a leopard.  She then mentioned kittens, and after I perked up, she told me she must have just had them because she was pregnant.

Now, I ask you - or I tell you?  A person must be in some state of mind, or their upbringing was disconnected from a what a 'normal' upbringing would be where compassion is thrown into the mix, to leave an animal alone, and knowing it had babies, not tell anyone.  She just happened to run into me, but did she tell anyone???  Someone who could DO something about it???  How can you just leave when you know there are babies?, or let a cat wander around pregnant to begin with!  She said it was very friendly and will run right up to you if you call it by its name.  I am just sickened by it.  Sickened.  If anyone reading this is so inclined, please try to go there and call for this kitty.  Look for the babies.  Knock on doors.  DO SOMETHING!  I had to get home to the kittens for bottle feeding and get myself ready for work, otherwise, I would be there in a heartbeat.  Work is my #1 priority, because without it I am screwed.

Connor is being brought to a third vet today thanks to Kristin.  He has some issues that we have to figure out - his concerned foster mom will be relieved once we figure this out as well!

I received reports on the Buffy and her babies and they are all doing well.  In case you haven't seen them lately, here they are, fat and happy and they have names!





SAFFY



oh!  then we have three more!  And Pixie is now BEAR!  He's a boy!  Boy's can't be named PIXIE!  Can they?   And another thing, these three are bigger and better today, and all crawling around on the floor moving from room to room exploring.  But we have to be careful!  They are so tiny under your feet!  SO CUTE!  Trying to wean them.  UGGH!.



BEAR Prowling Around

MOOKIE says Hello!


Have a great day!

"Just for today,
I will not be angry

Just for today,
I will not worry

Just for today,
I will be grateful

Just for today,
I will do my work honestly

Just for today,
I will be kind to every living thing."





3 comments:

  1. The kittens are adorable!!!! I think fate put you in the path of that woman this morning. I will help you look for the mama and babies this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janine, I would like to make a contribution toward your vet bills. Would you please post here to tell me how I can do that. Thanks
    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kathy M.! Thank you for your comment, and desire to help me out. To the right of this blog at the top, there is a donate button. Just click on that. If you are not comfortable with doing that online, you can let me know a way to reach you and I can give you my address, or you can call Rochester Community Animal Clinic at 585.288.0600 and tell them you would like to contribute toward my account with them. Thank you SO much Kathy! :)

    ReplyDelete