Thursday, April 19, 2018

TNR Thursday

I have six places on my body that need cortisone shots.  Insane pain.  I am allowed only three when I go to docs.  I have to pick which three spots hurt me the most.  uggh.  So off to the doctor I go.

That is my day.

He would not pose for the camera
Other than that, I managed to get this poor fella in a carrier this morning.  I had two spots at the clinic for TNR, I set two traps, mom set a trap for the cat that had the babies (her three out of five that I have - Mookie, Bear and Dixie), but nothing.  Actually, a pretty fluffy red cat on Melville went in the trap AGAIN.  He was just TNR'd a few weeks ago!  Some cats are smart, some not so smart.  I always thought a cat would never go back into a trap again.  They learned their lesson or something.  NOT!  I had to set him free, reset it, but nothing.  Those cats on Parsells (spot #2) are smart also.  This is where grey mom has hidden her babies somewhere (if they are still alive).  She must have had them a few weeks ago when I unsuccessfully tried trapping her before she gave birth.  So sad.

This guy I got this morning is an unneutered male.  He is also friendly and has multiple toes.  He hangs out on Central Park between 5th and 6th streets.  When I first started feeding him, he had a plastic flea collar on.  I knew he must have had human contact, besides the collar, because he was friendly.  But remember, there are SO many out there that deserve homes.  I rescue those I feel need rescuing right there and then.  The others are on a waiting list.  There are so many!!

That's all I have for today. 

Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment