Thursday, April 12, 2018

SWIRLEY!

Click on pics to see up close!

SWIRLEY!


So, the news of the day is that Swirley has been removed from the streets.  Stripey, his sister, was removed on Monday.  She was taken in to be fostered by a wonderful girl named Sue, who adopted two kittens from me last year, Maize and Toebe.  Sue will be coming by to take Swirley, after he is back from the clinic this afternoon where he is being neutered, given shots, tested for disease, and dewormed and de-flea’d.  I hope someday they will both forgive me for the atrocity of having been taken from their only home they‘ve known their entire short little lives – just under a year – caged, poked, prodded, and placed in a strange place, to them, for now.  But I do know that someday, they will look upon their foster, and then their adoptive parent, with love and thankfulness in their eye because that is what happens with these poor creatures that have survived on the streets for so long and are rescued.  It happens EVERY time.  Some take longer than others.  But they all come around and show their gratitude.  It’s hard to miss the little signs of affection they show toward their human.  I have quite a few at my house that love love love me.  I would have many more if I weren’t so OCD about smell and clutter and cleanliness!

PARSLEY

HERMIE

I also have these updated pictures of the kittens!~  Thank you foster Carol for the pictures!  And thank you for fostering Hermie and Parsley, who are just starting to trust Carol.





They are so cute!  Here we have Buffy and her babies, whose names will be published soon, and then we have Mom’s feral cat’s babies (who we are still trying to trap the mom – the latest this morning – but she caught an opossum – and after that the feral cats outside her lovely suburban door (Webster) just wouldn’t fall for it.  They just wanted to play in her densely forested yard!



I received a call from my other foster, Amanda, who is currently fostering Chewy, and has been bottle feeding three remaining kittens of those cats (all black by the way – they are interbreeding!).  She had a vet friend stop by to visit the two girls and a boy – Dixie, Pixie and Mookie.  Well, Dixie is a boy!  So we have two boys and a girl.  So this picture will have to be adjusted!  J


ONYX aka NYX!

Thanks to foster Melissa for keeping Onyx fed and happy.  We have interest in Onyx and someone will be visiting him this weekend.  Fingers crossed!

CONNOR


We also had an application for Connor, thanks to foster Joanne for putting his pic and bio in NextDoor neighborhood website – a good, new site to advertise and show these kitties on, which is good to know!  But after leaving him a message, I have not yet heard back.

And finally, thanks to all of you that have dropped off or have had food delivered.  I still continue to purchase food at Walmart, and spend to the tune of $100 a week on cat food (to last ….  Four days?  dry only), but it would be double most times if I didn’t have an occasional drop off.  Don’t forget, they go through 40 pounds a day.  A DAY.  Of dry food alone.  And over a case (over 48 cans) of wet food a day.  It’s insane.  But they are hungry, and occasionally pull over to feed another cat I see not on my route.    What am I going to do?

Pennsylvania Avenue this morning

Have a great day everyone, and please, consider foster and adoption – lets help these helpless and defenseless animals on the streets!

Have a great day!


"In whom there is no sympathy for living beings -- know him as an outcast."

1 comment:

  1. Hey Janine. What an impressive post. You are just doing amazing things every day. I can hardly keep up with you! Let's talk this weekend xo

    ReplyDelete