Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Hump Day


It’s been miserable the past two mornings.  Cold and wet.  But I’m out there trying to give these cats in the Beechwood section of Rochester some comfort.  Warm clean water, dry food and wet food.  And change the towels they stand on under their shelter that get wet when it rains.  The shelters are poorly built right now.  I need to figure out when and how I can redo them so that water does not seep in. We are coming into rainy season.  I would rather have it snow than rain.  Its just miserable when it rains.  Plus my hair gets messed up when it rains.  I can cover it with hat when it snows at least.   The kitties love the wet food I give them, its their only joy.  Unfortunately, I’ve spoiled them.  They WILL NOT EAT Special Kitty, or any of that other cheaper brand stuff.  They really only eat the only other food I buy, the Friskies, or Nine Lives.  If anyone cares to donate, please, no Special Kitty.  I believe this might be a WalMart brand?   And speaking of food, I am constantly running out of dry food.  I continue to spend over $100 a week on dry food.  This is a very expensive ‘hobby’ I have!  And those of you that have donations of dry food delivered, you are AWESOME!  But I never know WHO is having deliveries sent, because there is no name in the box.  So thank you to those that have food sent to me.  It means the world.  If it weren’t for you, I would be spending close to $200 a week on dry food alone.

My wish list:  2 gallon zip lock baggies!  I go through these like crazy!

I pulled up to the Baldwin/Grand location this morning and remembered that there is a corner there, a very small corner in the back, that I’ve always said I was going to plant flowers, but never did.  I am wondering if anyone would like to volunteer to plant flowers in this corner space.  I don’t need to be here, and you can go in the daylight, and it’s a very small space, but I supposed it would have to be raked out, and if its too hard to completely turn over the soil, you could just sprinkle wildflower seeds after putting down some bagged soil and it might just work!  Just throwing it out there, if anyone would like to help.  Its pretty awesome that this church that allows me to shelter and feed there on their property, and I would like to make their space pretty for them. 

There was interest in Connor yesterday.  His foster contacted someone that reached out for more information on him and she is going to meet him on Friday!  It would be her first cat!  I am thrilled, so fingers crossed, he will be adopted soon!  His foster sent me these pictures of him.  He has quite the look, wouldn’t you say?  And fingers crossed for Onyx, who will be ready for a meet and greet this Saturday as well!  Go Connor!  Go Onyx!



Have a great day!

“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” 

2 comments:

  1. I just want you to know that even if there are no comments - we all read your blog and are cheering you on. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, KM is right, I read your blog everyday and Facebook! Too funny about the cats not liking Special Kitty. It must be nasty!

    ReplyDelete