Wednesday, April 11, 2018

GREAT NEWS!


OK, so you will never believe this.  I still can’t. 

I have not mentioned a few things going on in the streets recently, there have been so  many rescues, and kittens to talk about!  I haven’t mentioned that I have been medicating the momma cat on Bay Street at Syd and Johnny’s auto garage where I rescued momma’s five kittens and found them homes, and had her spayed.  This was at least two years ago.  Since, momma is displaying hair loss in the back portion of her little body.  She is a black long haired kitty and its obvious that she is missing fur.  I don’t know what it is, but I have been placing a Clavamox pill in her food for the past five days, hoping that might do the trick of what ever is ailing her.  Clavamox has helped in many ways for many cats over the years, and maybe it will help her.  I won’t continue it too much longer, maybe a total of 10 days or so, and see how she is looking. 

The other thing I didn’t mention yesterday – the morning before, I spotted the grey pregnant cat on Parsells – not pregnant anymore.  As I drove to the next spot where I saw the white and black pregnant kitty, I saw her the same morning, not pregnant.  It makes me sick to think what happened to their babies.  And I can’t find them.

But here is the good news.  I received an email with the subject SAM in it.  Now, Sam from Short Street has been missing for a month now.  I have not mentioned this, it broke my heart.  All the years this kitty ran to me, and ran back to the car as I finished up, saying take me home…  was gone.

So again, I get this email, and I nearly doubled over with joy.  I can’t wait to write this guy back.  J

Hello Janine:

First and foremost my girlfriend and I appreciate what you are doing.

Incidentally, you might recognize the little guy in the attached picture who is now in a very nice home and safe place.



Finally, I found him on Short and North Goodman Street, and couldn't resist bringing him home which took me about 30 minutes, . He might be your Sam because he kept coming up to me, and enjoys his new home.

Thank you, and keep up the good work.

Douglas


Now, here are the pictures I have of Sam.  What do YOU think?  Is it him?  :)




WOW!  Can you believe it? All the years I've wanted someone to take him in...  I can't wait to hear the real story.   I am so happy!!!

Have a great day!

"Without pain, how could we know joy?"

3 comments:

  1. WOW ! That is so awesome ! You INSPIRED someone else to care ! To give a homeless soul a home !
    LOVE IT !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story. Love love love. 😻

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is definitely Sam. What an amazing story. And if you want help looking for the kittens of the 2 mama cats, I will help!!

    ReplyDelete