Monday, April 16, 2018

Humpty Dumpty

Had a great fall.  Which I did.  This weekend.  Took a beating.  Huge bump on noggin, and today, bruised eyes.  Not pretty.  But getting better each day.  (?)

Agenda for today:

Shiner - ✔
Jewel
Kittens
Parsley & Hermie
Onyx
Connor
Chewy Update
Scooter
This morning

Let me go in backward order:

It was a miserable weekend, but hopefully we all made the best of it.   The rain was miserable this morning, and after donning a rain slicker, a rain coat on top of that, I was still soaked.  Don't they make rainproof anything???

SCOOTER


Scooter.  Scooter and Maryjane were rescued many moons ago on East Main Street in the early hours - this was when I only had ONE spot to feed cats.  Behind Lorraines Lunch Basket (as it was called back then), on Culver near East Main.  They were running across the street and I grabbed them, after a few attempts a couple of mornings.  I thought they were kittens back then, but I think they were older, and are now seniors, the both of them.  Scooter, all he does is sleep, and Maryjane, all she does is sleep, and wander, and stare into space.  I think this might be Scooter's last year.

DIXIE Chick!


Chewy.  She has been being fostered by Amanda, and Amanda has done a great job in getting this once homeless, semi-feral cat to settle in to home life.  She is still shy, but doing good.  I saw her just two weekends ago when I went to visit.  What a menagerie of animals Amanda has.  Baby Ducks, Baby Chicks, a gorgeous dog, kitties, Chewy, three kittens and their momma, my three kittens (and take a look at Dixie!), and ...  who am I missing Amanda?  :)  She loves animals, for sure!   Chewy will be adopted mid-may by a wonderful couple - Tommy and Alla.  Alla is known to be a 'cat whisperer' and I am sure she will get Chewy to come out of her shell.  Chewy will join her sister, PITA.

CONNOR


Connor has turned out to be quite the lap cat as you can see in this picture.  He needs a permanent home though, so lets find him one.

ONYX


Onyx is the lounger, and player.  He loves to lounge, sit and watch the birds, and play with his little foster brother Milo.  He needs a home.  Lets find him one.  A woman was supposed to come meet him this weekend but she was sick, so we will see about next weekend.

I went to visit Parsley, Hermie, Buffy and babies yesterday.  Hermie wouldn't come out of his shell (get it?  ha ha), and Parsley, after some coaxing, was on my lap for a whole 15 minutes, and after 5 minutes, was purring.  He's a lovebug and needs to be scooped up.  They do not have to be adopted together.  It will take a patient person, but once trusted, Parsley is going to make someone a perfect companion.




The babies, well, what can I say.  Take a look!  I am still waiting on publishing their names.  I am publishing their professional pictures one/two at a time.  Thank you Jenn for your photographic expertise in capturing their tiny essences.  Thank you Carol for all your hard work with the babies and Buffy!  Names and more pics coming soon!  :)

SWIRLEY and STRIPEY


And then there is Swirley and Stripey.  Stripey is taking a bit longer to come out of her shell than Stripey is, but after both being born, and surviving on the streets for the past year, they are pretty calm I would say.  That was because they got used to me feeding them.  They learned to trust humans.  Their foster Sue is doing great with them.  She is a first time foster, and I am SO thankful for her willing to step up.  All fosters need is patience.  And time.  And all will be well.

JEWEL


Speaking of trusting, a very old female cat on Parsells, I've been feeding her for a couple of years now.  Lately, she has not been looki9ng very well.  She is very dirty on her bottom half of her body.  I decided Sunday morning I must save her.  I feel bad when I rescue and still have cats being fostered and waiting for adoption.  But we, as compassionate human beings, must help these innocent animals that are clearly suffering.  Most are, but are not as obvious.  I cannot save them all, but I can one at a time.  I just hope my fosters understand my logic. 

Wonder how many rescues/TNR's I've done so far this year... Kristin?  :)

Have a great day everyone.


Little children, never give
Pain to things that feel and live;
Let the gentle robin come
For the crumbs you save at home;
As his meat you throw along
He'll repay you with a song.
Never hurt the timid hare
Peeping from her green grass lair,
Let her come and sport and play
On the lawn at close of day.
The little lark goes soaring high
To the bright windows of the sky,
Singing as if 'twere always spring,
And fluttering on an untired wing -
Oh! Let him sing his song,
Nor do these gentle creatures wrong. 

1 comment:

  1. Scooter has a beautiful face ! His facial structure is very close to looking like a cougar. What a handsome boy !

    ReplyDelete