Monday, April 9, 2018

TNR Monday!

I've been a bit slack with the blog lately... so much going on in my life.  Lately its been a bit much, but I'm trying!  :)

Nothing out of the ordinary on the streets the past few days - the occasional Second Street hooker looking for some change...  As I tell them all, if I had it I would give it to them.  I do, however, give them the occasional lecture.  Not really a lecture, I just try to converse with them, make sure they know there are other alternatives for them.  A few weeks back there was a guy leering out through a doorway at 4 am. across the street from this girl, and after I drove past a couple of times, I had to make sure she wasn't being coerced to do what she was doing, as if... is that her pimp?  She swore up and down it wasn't, but she thanked me for looking out for her.  I do care about people.  I think any one of us could say 'there but for the grace of God go I'.

I took a drive to Caledonia on Saturday to visit with the three kittens that - I say my mother had - but no, its the cat my mother cares for - the feral one in her suburb neighborhood that we are still trying to trap.  She had five kittens, two went to another foster group to nurse from an existing nursing mom that I rescued a few weeks ago, Amy is her name, and she had three kittens, one was stillborn.  Here are her remaining two:



The kittens being cared for by Amanda are as sweet and cute as can be, and one is SO loud with its purring.  They were born on April 1st.  My camera lens broke on my cell phone so I can't take a good picture anymore.



Buffy and her kittens are doing great.  Their foster mom Carol has lifted the gate to the cage so Buffy can get out and stretch a bit, and Buffy is now carrying her babies to a blanket lined box across the room in a corner.  Foster Mom Carol moved them back at one point, and when she went to check on them later, Buffy had brought them back.  Buffy said THIS IS WHERE I WANT MY BABIES!.  I guess she told her!  :)





I trapped three cats this morning - which is always hard for me.  I have to keep running back to check on traps all the while try to feed at the other locations.  Its hard.  But I did it.  One is a beautiful Siamese or Rag Doll or a mixture of both.  There is another that looks similar to it, even more fluffy and beautiful that I TNR'd a year or so ago - all on Parsells - that now lets me sort of pet it.  They eventually WILL begin to trust you, no doubt!  This poor angel this morning had blood all over.  It must have hurt itself trying to get out of the cage.

The next one came from Central and Fifth.  Surprising, I had never seen it before, or I had, but assumed it was already neutered.  But trying to get a view of its ear tips is hard to do sometimes in the dark.  So, I was glad to get him and see that there was no ear tip.




And lastly, the little kitten on Second and Central.  This is 'Scratchy' if you all recall me talking about him and his brother Swirly. I would LOVE to rescue these siblings, just under a year old.  Very sweet little things, and it breaks my heart to return Scratchy, but hopefully he will continue to trust me after this, and I can rescue them both someday.  Next will be his brother Swirly, and I am hoping someone comes through for me after they go on vacation next week to foster Swirly, which they agreed to do, I think.

That's it for now.  I need to plug the online auction that will begin in May.  LOTS of great stuff, including some fabulous gift certificates that I could not use at my 4th Annual Meow & Chow last year - NO ROOM ON THE TABLE!  :)

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment