Monday, March 19, 2018

Insanity




Its Auction time!  Gift Cards, anything lightweight that would be easy to ship.  Fun fun fun!  :)


So that time of year has begun.  TNR time.  Trap – neuter – return.  The time of year that I dread.  I dread TNR for several reasons.   You are trapping a cat and traumatizing the cat.  The cat is hungry and won’t be able to eat until AFTER surgery. Sometimes, said cat is still so traumatized that it won’t eat AFTER surgery.  You have to keep kitty in the trap and let it heal from the anesthesia and surgery, overnight.  Sometimes kitty won’t eat even overnight.  Sometimes kitty has to go to the bathroom and it goes right in the trap.  Its cold out.  Kitties have to stay on my porch overnight.  I will have to get several blankets to place over the traps, without suffocating kitties, to keep them warm.  I HATE it.  The worst part of it all?  What I hate the most? RETURNING THE CAT TO THE STREETS.  HATE IT.

ONYX


There is one cat that I literally picked up and placed in the carrier.  This is the little black kitty that during a storm, I pulled over on Niagara on my way to my spot there, picked up kitty, drove it to the spot where the shelter is, ON MY LAP, and had to let it out there, where there was food and shelter for it.  A nice little fellow.  I grabbed him this morning and he will be neutered and get his shots at the clinic today.  And I have to let him back out.  I HATE it.   I named him Onyx.
 
MOONBY


The next kitty is a beautiful red fluffy kitty trapped on Melville - #3.   I named him Moonby.


PASCAL


The next kitty is a red and white fluffy kitty trapped on Parsells - #3.  I named him Pascal.

Kitty number four is a baby maker from a city location where I offered help to, and is going to be brought to a barn.  She has given birth to several litters and its now time to end the cycle.  I named her Chrissy.

I enlisted the help of some friends to sit at trap locations so that if a cat went in the trap, they would cover the trap with a blanket (it calms the cat), and then call me to let me know they caught a cat.  One spotter, my neighbor Noel (who adopted Taco!) who sat at the Parsells #2 location, caught a raccoon.  Another spotter Val didn’t catch anything at Sid and Johnnys, where there are several cats, and my third spotter Kings got the red fluffy one on Melville.  I was thinking that it would make my morning easier if I didn’t have to return to the locations to place food for the remaining cats there, not having to run back and forth to check on the traps, at the same time feeding at all 19 locations.  I did not plan very well.  In hindsight, I should have equipped my ‘spotters’ with food and water, so that when they finished spotting the traps for me, they could leave the food and water and I wouldn’t have to run back there to do that.  It was chaotic to say the least, and I have to do it again on Monday, the 26th, but just two TNRs this time.

I could sure use help with this TNR endeavor.  Its going to be costly, but it must be done.  If anyone would like to contribute, any amount at all, please call 585.288.0600 and ask them to credit towards my account.  Thank you in advance.  Sincerely.

In other news, Parsley and Hermie were successfully moved to another foster, one closer to me, and in a larger, more spacious room – actually a room with a view.  Big windows to look out onto a field, trees, birds.  Unfortunately, they are still scared to death as they do not know their new foster mom yet, or me for that matter.  I am extremely grateful to Joy for her help in taking them when I had no clue what to do with them when they were returned to me.
 
HERMIE

PARSLEY



Connor is holding his own.  I was disappointed that the vet place did not send him home with pain meds, so I had some left over from another kitty, and gave him a small amount for two days before I ran out.  He is going to be neutered tomorrow, and his mouth evaluated for what is wrong, while he is under anesthesia.  Lets pray its nothing too serious.  He is able to eat, but so thin.  He gobbles his food like there is no tomorrow.  His fur is missing in places.  He’s a mess, but hopefully will be good as new with some time and a Whole Lotta Love (Led Zepplin!  J )  

Thanks for reading, and have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment