Wednesday, March 21, 2018

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (part 100)


I say Part 100 because this has been written before.





CLICK ON PICS TO SEE BETTER!

I successfully managed to get the pregnant cat I saw at my location on Central yesterday into a carrier this morning.  A rescue group from Buffalo - PETS ALIVE WNY - is driving as we speak to come pick her up.  She was quite traumatized after being practically thrown into the carrier (before I got my hand ripped apart!) that I thought she would surely give birth before we arrived home!  But she quieted down immediately after that blood curling scream she made when I grabbed her.

The bad part was this:  I pulled up to my third spot on Parsells this morning and noticed a very fat grey cat.  It was very hard to see, but its belly was low.   I ask, is that normal for a pregnancy?  I hope someone can answer this for me?  That will determine if this cat is pregnant or not.  Next, as I pulled up to Sid and Johnny’s on Bay Street, where I was unsuccessful at trapping ANY cat on Monday, a very pregnant RED cat was waiting in the wings for me to place the food. This cat IS PREGNANT for sure.  Oh Man. 

So, I immediately called the clinic to leave a message to see if I can get in there tomorrow, and I will be setting traps at BOTH locations.

Please remember, before you judge me, I was raised Catholic, and I have an enormous amount of guilt I carry with me every second of every day.   For everything and anything.  I also see first hand the cats darting in and out of bushes in ONE QUADRANT of the city at 4 am and I know darn well they weren’t just let out from their warm homes only to have their mom or dad let them back in five minutes later when they get cold and want to come back in.  I also know there will be hundreds, if not thousands in our state this spring, kittens that will be born in straw filled shelters, if they are lucky, or under porches or junk yard vehicles.   I also know there will be hundreds, if not thousands, of kittens that will be brought into shelters by good citizens that find them and have compassion for them.  And unfortunately, I also know that both mom and babies could die during childbirth.  Its happened.  I rescued a cat on Third and Central years ago who was brought in for a spay while pregnant.  Her kitten was saved from her womb by the doctor performing the spay, and I was told that mom would not have been able to deliver that kitten due to its size.  Both would have died.  Lastly, unless I hear from someone that can take on the responsibility of taking in a pregnant cat, and her babies when born, then I have no other choice.


CONNOR this morning


The ugly:   Poor Connor.  He was neutered yesterday, and while under, the doctor investigated his mouth for reasons of why he couldn’t eat very well.  They removed TWO TUMORS from under his tongue.  He is not doing so hot today.  He is in a lot of pain.  The tumors will be biopsied and Connor was given an injection of Convenia but no pain meds.  He still can’t eat today.  So I am keeping an eye on things, and may be going home this evening to given him some pain meds I have stashed away from when I had Peaches, if any of you recall poor Peaches. 

So there you have it.  The Good, The Bad, The Ugly,

Have a nice day.



4 comments:

  1. Janine,

    Fingers crossed for Connor!

    On behalf of Janine and all the Kitties she Feeds, Shelters, Medicates and ultimately Rescues daily I want to thank all of you who support Janine's mission of Rescuing Rochester's Cats one at a time.

    I especially want to thank Mary P., Benita S., Carol O., Laura M., Larra L., Maria D., Susan B., Paula S., Rosemary., Benita S., William W., Mary Ellen F., Debbie S., Julie S., Betty W., Patty M., and Eileen W. for donating to Janine's Go Fund Me Page.

    I humbly implore everyone to consider making a donation so Janine can continue her Excellent and tireless work of Rescuing these defenseless kitties from a live of hell.

    Janine posted the link on her March 13, 2018 blog!

    I thank you all in advance for your time and consideration in this important matter.

    Sincerely,
    Walt Simoni

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you Janine for doing this. Keeping Connor (and you) in my prayers... xoxo

    ReplyDelete