Thursday, March 22, 2018

HELP



This morning was a nightmare.  I set out to trap two pregnant cats – one on Parsells, one on Bay Street.  I went to check on the one on Parsells after racing around to feed at my other locations, and found that the food was gone inside but the door was still up.  They walked right over the trip plate and never set it off.  They ate the food and left.  I then checked the mechanism, and sure enough, it was working.  I replenished the food and went to check on the one on Bay Street.  Sure enough, there was a cat in the trap, a black one.  NOT the one I was trying for.  I told myself, I can’t let him go.  I will use the spot I was given at the clinic for this guy, because I knew the two cats I was actually trying to get were very very pregnant, and kittens shouldn’t be aborted.  ALL THE WHILE I am thinking what am I going to do with the two pregnant cats if I DO GET THEM!

So I raced home to get another trap, and raced back and set it. I continued with my feedings.  I went back to check on it before leaving for work, and sure enough, another cat was in there.  I HAD TO LET IT OUT.  I was very upset about this!  Meanwhile, the red fat pregnant cat was sitting there meowing a short distance away.  I reset the trap and went back to check on the Parsells trap.  Sure enough, there was another cat in that one, and NOT THE FAT GREY PREGNANT CAT I WANTED!  I HAD TO LET THAT ONE OUT!  I was very very upset about this!  I was only offered one clinic appt.

Keep in mind, I don’t know what I am doing with a pregnant cat, this pregnant.  In the past, rescue groups have always helped me out.  Not this time.  Thanks to the one in Buffalo that took the pregnant cat yesterday from me, but no one stepped up today when I desperately needed one. I’m not blaming, I know they are/will be inundated with pregnant cats.  So this is all new to me!  Someone HAS offered a room, so a cage is being set up, and this cat will be transported into that and then we will go from there.  I need ALL the advice I can get.  Someone.  Please. 

Update:  Kitty going to the business where Parsley and Hermie are being fostered.  She will be kept in a dog crate.  Before that, Kitty going to vet to get dewormed and deflea'd.  Pray things go smoothly.

Another update.  Connor is not doing well.  He has barely eaten since Monday.  His surgery has caused him extreme pain where he is not able to eat.  I was overjoyed when he ate a jar of baby food this morning.  But he is not looking well.  He's lost weight since Monday.  I don't know what I am going to do.  The vet office said to force feed him but he won't let me.  I don't know whether I should bring him to the emergency vet or not.

I have way too much going on.  Help.

PS, I will be setting the trap for the grey cat again tomorrow.  I need to find a place for her as well.

Stay tuned.



1 comment:

  1. Janine, how is Connor doing? Would you like me to take him to my vet at Brighton Animal Hospital? I'm not certain about this but it sounds as if you may not be happy with your vet not giving you pain medication for him?

    ReplyDelete