Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Trippin' Tuesday



Image result for flowers
Coming soon!


First normal day since last Thursday?  Or somewhat normal.  So much has gone on.   First, update on Buffy.  She was doing much better when I received the call from the vet around noon yesterday saying she could come home.  She was out of the oxygen chamber, and in a regular area, but stressed, probably due to the goings on there.  They had covered her up so she wouldn’t be as frightened.  Her respiratory rate had gone from 100 something down to 60 something.  Normal respiratory rate in cats is around 20-30 something, apparently.  They ruled out many things after doing x-ray, blood work, and a chemistry panel.   She had a dark spot on her lungs after the xray, which could also mean a few things.  Heart slightly enlarged, but no murmur.  Eye gook, could be herpes virus.  Calcium normal.  No baby inside her still.  Not pyrometra.  She was given Convenia, sent home with script for Cisapride – a gastric-emptying med due to her belly showing more fluids than normal, and told to watch her.  The bill came to the tune of $1900.  Can you imagine?   I received donations to cover the bill from many wonderful people who cared so much for Buffy.  I would never be able to express my gratitude in a million years to those that donated.  And I can tell you, years ago, when I didn’t know all of you then, I couldn’t do this for a cat.  It would be a fateful situation for her.  With my income, and debt, I could never add that to it, especially with what I do each morning to feed and save them.  I couldn’t do both.  And without one, I wouldn’t have been able to save Buffy.  So you see, I am extremely grateful for your donations. 

Now the hard part.  I’ve had quite a few people stop by and bottle feed the babies that are in my care.  I was told by the vet that mixing Convenia and breast milk is not a wise idea.  But after much research, and opinions from others, it’s a mix.  I am going to go ahead and give these babies back to their mom today.  And give mom back her babies!  And of course, if Buffy is stressed due to them being back, we will have to go with Plan B.  So fingers crossed, prayers said, it’s a happy and healthy reunion for them.  Stay tuned.

I pulled up to my spot at Parsells #1.  All my shelters were placed by the side of the road.  There are at least four cats here that depend on those shelters, and the food I leave them.  One cat is a rag doll.  I am beyond devastated, once again.  There is no other spot I can make in place of it.  The only vacant lot is right next door to INSANE Lisa.  I don't know what I will do.  The property is 292-294 Parsells Avenue, if anyone knows any info about this?

Connor is still hanging on.  He is eating voraciously and I noticed his dry food bowl was nearly empty.  Dry food was something he could not eat last week.  He still is skin and bone, and has no fur underneath.  He looks funny, but loves to roll over and get his belly rubbed.  Mind you, this is a cat I’ve fed for YEARS.  He was a mean thing, no fear, and would scratch your eyes out if you crossed him.  (kidding…. But I wouldn’t get too near him).  Here he was, years later, far away from his original area, and in desperate need of medical attention.   I am so glad I was able to get him, and that he has come to trust humans once again.

That’s it for now.  Very little time today to write.

Have a WONDERFUL day!

"One day this will all be a memory
and I'll be just fine."

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Janine !
    The cat at Parsells # 1 is a lilac point Ragdoll.
    It was likely someones pet at one point and got out or was stolen.
    This cat is worth between $800 - 1200 dollars from a breeder.
    It will most likely make someone a wonderful companion if it can be trapped and fostered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure the cisapride is out of her system before the kittens nurse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news about Buffy and Connor! Thanks for the update Janine.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. According to the COR Property website, there is no 292-294 Parsells Ave listed. 336 which is on the corner of Denver & Parsells is City owned. As well as 321 Parsells.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will help you this weekend figure out the Parselles situation. Who do you think moved the shelters? Regardless - we WILL figure a new spot!

    ReplyDelete