Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Hopelessness


So here are my thoughts and doings so far today.  Well, lets back up.  Yesterday was my birthday, and what a great day it was for me.  I never felt so loved.  From my co-workers, which is not always the case, to my Facebook friends, to my friends.  Seriously, it was a perfect day for me, even though it rained.




So this morning, in my quest to trap a VERY pregnant cat that I’ve seen for well over a week now, and have been setting a trap every day, knowing Kristin will take it in, and then seeing another yesterday, I set the trap again this morning, and trapped a very young kitty, probably no more than 8 mos. old.?  Most likely a female by its colorings.  I have no place to bring it to, so I am pulling out all the stops trying to get any of the clinics to take her so I can get her back on the street.

Fast forward, driving to work, I slip John Lennon CD in to play – my friend Jacqueline gave to me for a present yesterday, and my favorite song #9 Dream is playing, and I am just about in front of Wambachs and get a red light ahead.  I see a man walking with a walker ahead, couldn’t be any older than 60, sort of reminds me of my step dad when he was alive.  The song is cranking, it’s a sad beautiful song to begin with, and then man with the walker suddenly stops, straightens up as if he is in pain.  I pass him when the light turns green, and I was overwhelmed with incredible sadness.  I couldn’t help but think of not only the cats suffering, but human suffering as well.  I thought about my mother, myself, others – we ALL are suffering in some form or another, and if not now, we will be.  The older we get, the more we suffer.  Its overwhelmingly sad for me to see others in pain, especially those I am close to.  I don’t know why, but I am a basket case today.



On a better note, Buffy and her kittens have been reunited.  It’s a sweet and wonderful thing to see.  I am so glad I made the decision to return them to her, even though she was given an antibiotic of Convenia that could potentially harm them, but chances are such that it won’t.  It’s just natural for them to be together.  Just so heartwarming.

And I still haven’t gotten anywhere with this poor animal in the trap.  I don't know what to do.  Ugh.

"God grant me the
courage not to
give up what I
think is right even
though I think it is
hopeless."

4 comments: