Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Feed a Cat for Christmas! YULIYA!!! and...another RESCUE!

Today's thanks goes to YULIYA!  She sent her donation to me along with a pair of cute kittie socks.  Thank you so much Yuliya!  My feet will be warm and dry when I go out to feed the cats!    :)  I met Yuliya through my awesome neighbors Tracy and Chris.  And their little boy Graham  :)  I was blessed the day Tracy passed my name to her!

So I had to let the little boy Zippy back out into the big scary world to fend for himself this morning.  He didn’t even eat the food I placed in his trap while he spent the night on my porch.  Poor little guy, scared out of his wits.

Mr. Fluffypants #2
Here he is BEFORE rescue!  :(

So ….. one let go, but another saved.  Meet Mr. Fluffypants #2.  What a sweetheart.  I rescued him this morning from Baldwin and Grand.  Its funny, he must have known something was up when I pulled up and went over to the bench with the food, water, AND CARRIER.  I set it upright, and after a few minutes, he came to me, ready to eat, and up he went by the scruff and into the carrier.  He was placed in my tiny bathroom, very scared at first when I let him out, but after petting and scratching and stroking his head, neck and back, he knew he was in a good place.  Before I left the room, I placed him on my lap, and he was in heaven.  He is one true sweetie – one very lucky sweety.  Not to mention, he is the most fluffiest cat I’ve ever seen!  Besides Mr. Fluffypants #1 from Pennsylvania and Second Street!  These two were practically twins!  And #1 is living the good life now with his new parents, thanks to Kristin!

There are two others that I want to rescue so bad.  One is Seven from Seventh, the other is unnamed from Parsells.  Started showing up lately, can’t tell if he is neutered as his ‘nuggets’ are very tiny!  J

The Jeep is still not fixed.  Its been a very trying day trying to get around in my very small vehicle.  I am praying the news will not be as bad as what I think it will be.  Fingers crossed everyone.

I received an update from the woman who adopted Cammy a couple years ago, and then Jules, now named Garfield.  Here is what she has to say:

"So Cammie wasn't quite sure why his humans were bringing a tree inside the house this weekend...now he gets it! He leaves only to eat and use the litter box. Other than that, he has claimed the tree as his very own!

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! All is well here and Garfield is doing great as well (though he thinks the tree is a new cat toy!).  Ha ha   Just thought you'd like this - Cammy's first Christmas with a home :) "


Thank you Amy!  Looking forward to a pic of Jules/Garfield now!

Thank you to everyone who donated to the ROC the Day campaign yesterday!  Remember, any donation you make is tax deductible!

Have a great day everyone!

"Never get tired of doing little things for others, sometimes those little things occupy the biggest parts of their hearts."

No comments:

Post a Comment