Thursday, September 24, 2015

TGIF?

It feels like a Friday.  It SHOULD be Friday.  Work is tense these days, gearing up for another big event, the talk of the town, the hospital gala.  Its NOT fun for me, I have to work it – and stand in my three inch heels for hours on end trying to look statuesque and beautiful.   There are many personalities at the workplace, so you have to try to adjust your normal views on things to what others view and do it their way.  Its tough – some days you could win an Academy Award, other days, you are getting tomatoes thrown at you.


There was not much going on in the hood this morning.  But all the kitties were there, waiting for me.  I feel bad – I had some food donated to me.  Very large bags of Barn Cat type food.  Well guess what.  My homeless kitties don’t like it very much.  As a matter of fact, the raccoons won’t even eat it!  They nibble a bit, and move on in search of something else more palatable.  Its terrible.  I don’t know what to do with the few very large bags I have left.  I keep trying, I mix it in with the ‘good’ stuff, the other cheaper brands (meow mix, kibbles and bits, buju, etc.).  They just don’t like it.  Sometimes I think, ‘well you had better eat it, its all you have!’ and then I feel bad – they have NOTHING but the food I bring, and shouldn't it be satisfying to them?  I know, silly, but what are you going to do? So this morning, I dressed up the barn cat food with lots of canned food, which they love, but I sure did go through an awful lot of cans.  I can always use wet food.  Especially in the winter months, they need this food.

Awesome website in case anyone can use:  http://www.all4petswny.org/otherresources.html

If you will recall Noodles, the kitten I rescued from Niagara Street a month or two ago.  Here he is, pictures taken by his adopters, who love him to pieces.  He was born with 'birth defects' - His earlobe, or canal, is very long, and visible on the outside, looking at his left, and he has one testicle.  Also, his mouth is a bit crooked, but these 'defects' make Noodles all the more lovable.  Such a sweet sweet boy.  I miss him to pieces.


NOODLES!
Here is a list of the kitties we have out there that need homes.  They are all being fostered, and their fosters are being patient, but I need to move these precious babies to homes that they can call their own.  Please consider adoption.  You won't regret it.  And please, spread the word about them.

BENSON
BILLY

CAMMY

NORA

PATCHES

TRIXIE and ALICE
JELLY

ELVIS
WIDGET

GIDGET

BARNEY
Please spread the word!

Have a nice day!

“I think I could turn and live with the animals, they are so placid and self contained;
I stand and look at them long and long.
They do not sweat and whine about their condition;
They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins;
They do not make me sick discussing their duty to God;
Not one is dissatisfied-not one is demented with the mania of owning things;
Not one kneels to another, nor his kind that lived thousands of years ago;
Not one is responsible or industrious over the whole earth.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment