Monday, September 14, 2015

Hope - Don't Ever Lose It

(CLICK ON PICS TO ZOOM IN)

The facts:

A girl and her mom came over Saturday morning to meet Stripey and Dot.  It was instant love.  They were whisked to their new home (I will be going there Saturday to give my final stamp of approval!) and both were renamed (surprise surprise).  Their new names are Ellie and Gracie.  Sweet.  I think they are going to be two very spoiled fur balls.  On Saturday afternoon, a friend/ex-coworker came over to meet and greet Polly and Peaches.  She chose Polly, and that too was instant love connection.  She took her home for that night to meet her ‘big brother’.  I think this is going to be one spoiled little girl also.  On Sunday morning, a couple came to meet Peaches.  They too fell in love, and Peaches will be going to her new home on Saturday also!  Woo HOO!  That is four kitties adopted this weekend!

Oh oh!  Wait!  Forgot to tell you, Noodles was officially adopted last weekend by a wonderful couple, June and Gary.  Thanks so much you guys, for taking in this sweet, birth defective kitten rescued from Niagara.  

Polly


Noodles


Stripey and Dot

Peaches

Now, we need to get Skinnie Minnie, Nora, Franci (pants), Benson, Elvis, Jelly, Cloe, and Nora’s four kids – Barney, Billy, Gidget and Widget all adopted!

Benson
Skinny Minnie

Franci Pants

NORA
Jelly

 
Elvis

Barney

Billy

Gidget

Widget

Cloe’s wound is still open, raw.  I feel so bad for her.  Her foster mom Sue is doing the best for her.  She continues to be examined by Dr. Bender at the clinic.  Her next visit is Tuesday, tomorrow, so see if her meds need to be continued.  I pray this little girl, who has been to hell and back, will get better soon.   For those of you that don’t know, she was bitten by some large animal, very deep deep wounds, and the morning I rescued her, I didn’t even know she had them, her fur covered them.  She walked right up to me behind a house on Second Street.  I have seen her mother and siblings here and there since. 

Cloe

Cammy, the sweet sweet boy I rescued from Central and Fifth, and was picked up by a rescue group to be adopted out by, has tested positive for FIV.  Here are some great facts to know about FIV cats.  They live long and healthy lives, if kept indoors.  My Brady, George and Smokey all have it!  J  And they are fat and happy!

 
Cammy

FIV Facts
  • The Feline Immuno-deficiency Virus is a slow virus that affects a cat's immune system over a period of years.
  • FIV is a cat-only disease and cannot be spread to humans or other non-felines.
  • FIV cats most often live long, healthy, and relatively normal lives with no symptoms at all.
  • FIV is not easily passed between cats. It cannot be spread casually in litter boxes, water and food bowls, or when snuggling and playing. It is rarely spread from a mother to her kittens.
  • The virus can be spread through blood transfusions, badly infected gums, or serious, penetrating bite wounds. (Bite wounds of this kind are extremely rare, except in free-roaming, unneutered tomcats.)
  • A neutered cat, in a home, is extremely unlikely to infect other cats, if properly introduced.
  • FIV-positive cats should be kept as healthy as possible. Keep them indoors and free from stress, feed them a high-quality diet, keep and treat any secondary problems as soon as they arise.

I did not rescue any more cats over the weekend.  But boy did I want to. 


Prince on Parsells is still begging me to take him away from there.  I am slipping him Doxy into his wet food to try to help with his URI.  I have not seen the sick orange cat in three mornings now.  Parsley just down the street is extremely affectionate now with me and desperate to get off the street also.  I am so sad when I leave these two.  


Prince
Parsley
Please help me spread the word about these angels that are desperate for a home.

Have a good day.

"When you feel like quitting,
think about why you started."

2 comments:

  1. Wow! A great weekend! I bet the kitties are happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting so many kitties adopted!! That's more than some shelters, I bet.
    We still need more photos or even some videos of Elvis and Jelly. And some cute stories about their personalities and what their little quirks are. That helps get kitties adopted, as you well know. :)

    Does Cloe have some kind of immune deficiency that's keeping her from healing, I wonder? Poor baby. :(

    ReplyDelete