Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Scrambled Eggs

Gregg NOW

Gregg THEN
Gregg Allman - Queen of Hearts. I played on my CD on my way into work this morning.  VERY loud.  I have a pretty decent sound system in my car.  Every single time I hear that song, my emotions get the best of me.  I guess its all the stress I've had over the past year - it builds up.  I can relate to a lot of the lyrics of that song.  And then when I am feeling like this, I look around.  I see friends who have lost a spouse, feeling so lonely without them, people walking with a limp, I see the elderly, I see my own mother starting to have pain in her hip, and I tell myself I have NO right to feel sorry for myself.  NO RIGHT.  I then feel gratitude for being able to get out of bed this morning, to have been able to go out AGAIN and feed all the animals that depend on me each day, to know that my friends and family are still alive and living life.  Life is so precious!

 :)  Listen to it for yourself.  I can't.  I'll cry again!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyrFpR59_vQ

Scrambled eggs is what my brain feels like these days.  I have never been so stressed out in my life, but somehow I manage to keep organized.  Although I have completely forgotten who I promised the five kittens to.  I'll figure it out.  This morning, I had a cat (Peaches) on my porch in a trap (female - post partum) that was spayed at the clinic yesterday, I had a cat in the bathroom, female Fern, four pounds, a skeleton but the SWEETEST cat.  SO affectionate.  I had five kittens in a cage in my living room.  I am going out of my mind.  I don't handle this many cats very well, but I manage.  My own cats are totally ignored these days.  Anyone want to come over and have play time with all these cats while I am at work?  :)  In order to give them room, I moved the kittens this morning to my upstairs bathroom while I got myself ready to go out into the hood and feed 60+ more cats.  I opened the door for Skinny Minnie to roam the house from the room she is delegated to stay in until she finds a home.  I put Fern, the calico, in the basement spare room, where she is sitting at my feet watching the news.  She ate very well last evening when she was brought home from the clinic.  She is mellow and sweet.  I love her.  I believe she will be adopted today by someone who lost her calico.  GREAT NEWS.

CLICK ON PICS TO SEE UP CLOSE!


My baby girl FERN


You can see how thin she is here (don't look at my feet). 



I had to let the other beauty, Peaches, back to the streets this morning.  She would have made a wonderful pet for someone.  There is a black and white boy there that cries and follows me to the car every morning, I need to find him a home also.

The third kitty I had at the clinic went back to her home.  She is the mother of the kittens I have.  I pray the kitty has a long life, even though I know her mom will let her back on the streets again soon, if she hasn't let her out already.  Its sad how people are uneducated about certain things in life, cats especially.

Kitten pics to leave you with:





BIG RUFUS and kitten


One more thing, the hernia kitty.  This is a black kitty with yellow golden eyes, one slightly injured or diseased, with a large lump hanging from its belly, nearly touches the ground.  I have watched this cat for months now, slowly dying.  I had Laura from HFC trying to trap it several times, but either Crazy Maryleigh was lurking around the corner distracting it, or it wasn't around when she was there.  I think she has given up, they have so many other requests for help.  I don't know what to do with it if i got it.  I could never afford a surgery for it.  If anyone can help - it would mean you would have to go out at 4 am. and set a trap for it.  If you had a drop trap, you could specifically get that one, or take the risk in getting another cat in a regular trap.  I would hang around if you needed me to, but that is the time this kitty is waiting for me each day.  I do what I can.  :(

Have a great day.

"Gratitude turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity...it makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." 

1 comment:

  1. Rufus! He's so cute with the kittens. Does he still act like a kitten, too?

    I can see why Fern got adopted so quickly. She's so pretty and sweet looking. Praying that it works out!

    ReplyDelete