Monday, August 10, 2015

Only The Strong Survive

First, let me address the woman that contacted me from the referral from a rescue group.  This woman turned out to be pretty pretty cool!  She is 73, lives just behind the clinic off Bay Street.  She doesn't drive, used to model in her days, father was a millionaire until he squandered the family money, used to live in Pittsford, and loves loves loved cats.  She baked me Blondies (white brownies) yesterday, sent me home with two very old books on cats - has quite the collection of stuff actually!  I think I've found a new friend in her.  She is a sweet woman, and very lonely.  She understands the time constraints I have and tries to make the most in the few minutes I am able to give her when I visit, but boy has this woman been around the world.  Very intelligent, very well read, but now lives in this neighborhood and needs help.  She made a donation to me, and all I brought over was a little hut for the kittens she said only come around at night, and a promise that she would keep food and water on her porch to get them used to eating there, so that when the time comes to trap, it would be easier.  She had no problem with that.  Now I just need to figure out how to do the trapping, with all the other stuff I have going on.  I would love the help of others, if you can. 

My boy Smokey says "HI!"
It was a very very busy weekend.  Did I have time to read?  No.  Did I get stuff done around my house that I should have?  No.  I had family in town for an aunt and uncle's 60th wedding anniversary, with half family at mom's and half family at sisters', so between both houses, running around visiting and making merry.  :)

Speaking of Mary, CRAZY B. Maryleigh is out there just about each morning.  The poor little black cat with the hernia is looking smaller and smaller, slowly starving to death.  She is there each morning waiting for me to place food down.  I saw a very beautiful, distinct coloring calico today, and she looked pregnant.  There are many beautiful cats on this corner, and they are all 'hers'.  Which we all know is a joke.  I still can't believe that law enforcement never was able to get something done on this, after all the calls to the humane society about her.  What will she do with this new pregnant calico's babies?  She is a psychopath, but a very intelligent one.  She knows how to taunt me.  Each time she even sees me now, she immediately has the phone to her ear - either calling 911, or pretending to.  God knows what she is telling them.  She is vile, and a menace, and I pray something is done someday.

Sweet Peanut, the kitty I rescued this very corner after she was hit by a car and brought to RAS, who wanted to release her back there, is doing great in her new home.  Her mom was having issues with her getting along with her older cat, but since she was brought home from surgery on Friday, they seem to be getting along.  Could it be the cone on her head?  :)  She is an angel to me, and so is her Mom.  She financed an entire tooth extraction, and hernia surgery for this little one.  God bless them both,and Peanut, you had better be kinder to your older sister!

Peanut
The kittens are sweet and beautiful.  Something happened to the little black and white on Thursday - TOOTSIE, her paw was injured and swelled up.  I brought her to my vet on Friday and after $117, I was sent home with a bottle of clavamox to give her, and advice to soak her foot with a warm compress.  She was too young to give anti-inflammatory.  They also advised that she was definitely younger than 6-7 weeks old as I had thought.  She is about 5, along with her three sisters and one brother.  I've named them all now - Blu (the boy), Stripey, Dot and Cleo, named by the girl that will be adopting her.  I can't wait for them to get a little older so that I can send them off to their new homes!  They are just a lot of work, but SOOOOOO CUTE!  :)

Tootsie

Blu

Cleo

Stripey, Dot and Blu
Skinnie Minnie is going to a new home next weekend!  Hurray!  I pray that works out.

Skinny Minnie
Little skeletal kitty Fern, the calico I picked up that was starving to death literally went to her new home on Friday.  So far, so good!  I will update everyone her shortly.

Fern
In the meantime, there is a calico on Melville that I need to find a home for.  She is beautiful, and sweet, and surely a stray.  There is a black and white kitty on Parsells that is beautiful and sweet and follows me to my car each morning, begging me to take him away from that hell hole.  There now seem to be less than five kittens on Seventh Street.  Only the strong survive.  My heart breaks because I could have saved them if I only had help trapping them.  Tomorrow is TNR day for me, I have two spots at the clinic, and after that, there is no more funding for me to do this.  I am thankful for what I have been able to do thanks to the few of you that made donations to the clinic on my behalf.  Between car repairs for both vehicles ($1000 plus for the month of July), and more to come, I am broke.  I will do what I have to, but wish me luck.

The little white kitten left on Niagara was trapped last week, and I am not sure if she was kept to try to socialize, or let back out, but I haven't seen her.  I must get an update from my friend on that.

SO MUCH NEWS!!!  I must get ready for work, so enjoy your day, and please spread the word about these babies that need homes! 

“Sometimes the things we can’t change
end up changing us.”

No comments:

Post a Comment