Monday, March 2, 2015

Tightwire

Thats what I feel like I am walking on, at all 14 locations, when I get out of the car and start the path to the shelters to feed the babies their breakfast.  The path that I have created is built over a few feet of snow, and it hardens each time you walk on it.  If you step off that narrow path, your leg plunges into the abyss.  Well, I guess that is a little dramatic, but its scary to have your leg fall so deep into the snow.  You are literally trying to balance yourself as you walk on this path.  My friend Carole, who broke her leg this winter, is constantly on my mind.  I walk slowly and carefully, always mindful of not falling, which I have done many times so far this winter, but have always fallen in the snow.

It was 21 degrees when I went out today, and snowing.  It snowed maybe an inch or two over night.  It just doesn't let up!  But with the 'warmer' temps, I am seeing more cats.  This morning, at Garson, I saw a black and white Sylvester looking kitty, and I saw a very fluffy black kitty, with a bit of white on its chest or face, hard to tell in the dark. They join the two brown tabbies that have 'lived' here all winter.  The black and white fluffy one reminded me of Mr. Fluffypants, who is doing very well in his new home!  Sunday Sheryl thanked me yesterday when we were at 'his spot' for saving him.  I always knew it would happen, it was just a matter of when.  I couldn't have done it without people like Mylene, offering to foster these babies.

At my 6th street shelter, there is something dead inside this shelter, and my heart goes out to my little boy there who allows me to hold him, starving each morning.  I want to rescue this little guy so bad.  I need to clean out these shelters, find out what is creating this odor, but with all the snow on top, I will need help.  I can't even imagine how the cats can use the shelter with the stench.

I brought Sooty to his new home on Saturday, and so far so good!  Tina, the girl that is going to adopt him, tells me she is in love with him already.  I am getting daily reports on his progress!

I think thats it in a nutshell.  Just remember, spring is just around the corner!

Some more of my rescues:






















Have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. I will help you clean out the 6th street shelter this weekend or one day after work.
    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember many of those sweet faces but not all. Your house has been a revolving door lately for cats, in the best way possible! We're always thinking of you here and praying you get more and more help.

    Remind me to tell you sometime about Charley's thing with marshmallows. The doofus.

    ReplyDelete