Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Holy Crap!


TUESDAY:  So after this time change thing on Sunday, I got home from work absolutely dog tired yesterday, only to discover the gutter on the back of the house laying on the ground.  The very same day, I had to cough up $500 for four new tires for the vehicle in order to pass inspection.  Of course, lets not forget the three leaks in the house due to ice damming.  Or is that damning..  ha ha. Its always something.  I will be in the poor house forever.

I felt like a brand new person the next morning after having gone STRAIGHT to bed when I got home.  I didn't even want to THINK about the gutter, although I did call my roofer (the roof I just had to have replaced this past fall) to ask him to come take a look and give me the bad news.

WEDNESDAY:  Man, it was crazy out this morning.  Crazy in the sense that every one of my locations, the ground I had to walk to get to them, was disintegrating under my feet, with each step I took.  I think this morning was the hardest I've experienced so far.  I would step onto what WAS my path, and my foot would sink into snow that came up to my knee.  It was the hardest hour and a half yet.  I told you it would get worse before it got better!  And at most spots, there was more cat crap than I've ever seen!  They have been using the path for their litterbox - I have no idea what they were using, where they were going, prior to this snow melt!  On top of all that, I picked up so many soaking wet towels.  My washer will be getting a workout too!  UGGGH.  A thankless job, to be sure.  All I know is that I can forget about this stuff for .........19 more hours.  Ha.


ESL Jefferson Award Nomination

If you clicked on the picture above, and read it, I want to thank you Walt for your efforts. I am flattered. This is the second time Walt has tried to get me nominated for the ESL Jefferson Awards.  They obviously have chosen someone who has contributed to our community more than I have, which is fine. Sometimes I do not feel like I should get public accolades this this.  Most times actually, because there are many others out there trying their best to help the animals.  There are also a few people in my life who are dedicated to helping me with what they can.  As much as I wish they could go out in the early mornings and do what I do for me, the occasional donations and adoptions are what keep me going.  Obviously, in the grand scheme of things, I wish there were no more homeless cats left in this world.  And there would be far less if every community took responsibility for their own surroundings in getting these cats spayed and neutered.



Anyways, thats if for now.  Please remember Elvis and Jelly Bean, my two babies that are being cared/fostered by Debbi.  They need a permanent home.  They deserve a home, someone to love them unconditionally.

RESCUER'S ARE ANGELS

Tail tucked between your legs,
Confusion in your eyes 
I know it's hard to understand
That someone heard your cries.

When loneliness is all you know
And pain is all you feel
And no one can be trusted
And hunger's all too real.

That's the time the Lord sees you
And lets you know He's there
That's when He sends His messengers
The hearts that love and care.

Yes, rescuers are angels
You cannot see their wings
They keep them neatly folded
As they do their caring things.

The medicine to make you well,
Good food to make you strong.
And finally to help you learn
That hugs are never wrong.

The perfect place then must be found
The home where you can live
Secure and safe and happy
With joy to get and give.

When you reach your Forever Home,
Your place to feel whole.
The angels smile and off they go
To save another sole.

5 comments:

  1. Great stuff from Walt Simoni, i know his wife Karon, she is gorgeous ! Also I know of someone that was nominated 12 times for an award of exellence, and finally, finally, got it , so Walt knows how to do it !, a great advocate to have on your side Janine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto above about Walt. Thanks for helping everyone in Rochester recognize what an amazing person Janine is. -carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol,

      Thank you for all your support!!!. Janine and the Kitties not only appreciate it but more importantly desperately need it. You are a kind and caring person.


      Walt Simoni

      Delete
  3. You are ALWAYS a winner with us and the kitties you save everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, you should've got it! Don't sell yourself short either by saying other people do way more. I highly doubt that, but even if they do that makes you no less deserving.

    I can't believe Elvis and Jelly Bean still haven't found homes. They need some pictures and videos showing off their adorable sides. You can't see their personalities in these two photos. Can their foster mom take some more photos and video and post on Facebook?

    ReplyDelete