Friday, March 20, 2015

Happy Spring!



So I get to my 13th or 14th spot, last one of the day, this morning, and lights are flashing behind me, a cop 'pulling me over', even though I was already parked and ready to get out of the car to go feed the kitties.   He pointed out a break light that was out, even though the car was inspected last week, which cost me $500 for four new tires in order to pass that inspection.  After being asked what I was doing, I told him, and that was that.  A young buck, not a pleasant guy.  I wonder if they have to be hard-nosed, have an unfriendly demeanor, in order to prove themselves when they are just starting out in the force.  A smile or laugh (which I try to get) goes a long way in my book, especially when you are trying to cultivate good will, and for them, a good reputation amongst the citizens.  A lot of police are hated in a lot of cities, not by all, but a majority, in light of the recent violence that has happened across the country.  I just wish police could be more friendly out there to me.  And yes, I did tell him about the article about me from last Friday.  He could have cared less.  The only saving grace for this guy was I heard barking coming from his car - K9 unit.  I thought, well, at least he likes dogs.

My Boy - Thunder

An friend of mine, who I met through my blog, wrote me a couple of years ago and told me the following story. I was rifling through old emails from her because I was trying to remember if she worked with Pity Love, a dog rescue group, because another friend asked me to be her reference because she is trying to adopt a dog through them.  I found this and just wanted to share this sweet story she wrote me that day.

"Ugh...what a trip to the store.

I go down the pet food aisle, see this lovely elderly couple rifling through their dog treat coupons, they only had one, so they only bought that one item.
Standing beside the hubby was an old, graying service dog, black Lab. We got to talking about how wonderful he was, though upset he will soon be replaced with a new dog. I guess they hubby uses the dog for support while walking. I asked what will happen to this one when the new one arrives. They told me that he will spend his remaining time lounging on the couch and hopefully teach the new service dog how to be the best dog ever. They only had the dog for 3 years, I guess his first person no longer needed the dogs help, and was given back to the Canine service dog group, poor dog. They told me now this old Lab is now having problems walking himself, which is why they will be retiring him to the couch. How ironic is that?
After saying this, they both became teary eyed. I patted the dog, wished them well and went about my way.
Upon finishing my shopping, I once again see the hubby and the dog in another aisle. I found a five dollar bill, walked over and gave it to him, told him to buy a few more treats. He just stood there with his mouth open, I walked away. A few seconds later, I hear him shout to his wife who was further down the aisle.."Honey, give this nice lady a huge hug please, she just bought our baby more treats".

I cried all the way home just knowing how much they love that old dog." 
 
Have a wonderful day everyone!
 
"The day the Lord created hope
was probably the same day
He created Spring."
 

 

5 comments:

  1. Omg - that story just made my eyes well up and I have a lump in my throat. I don't know why kindness shown to animals (and people too) does that to me. but I am glad it does. Thanks for sharing Janine! I am so happy for you that it is spring! I know how much you love spring and summer - warm weather, flowers, fresh vegetables to cook with, drinks outside with your feet in a baby pool.... under a large tree, in a lightning storm..... :) Happy Friday, my friend! -Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. For all the dirt bags cops deal with every day, you'd think he would be happy to see a nice, decent girl like you cross his path on this day, thankfully he didnt give you ticket :) Im with Kristin, feel the same, and thank you for passing it on to us

    ReplyDelete
  3. be happy mean ass popo aka 5-0 didnt give you a ticket sister

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5-0 needs to brush up on grammar. An apostrophe in didnt(didn't) and a comma between ticket and sister! "...didn't give you a ticket, sister. (What IS a ticket sister???)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe po po not be to brite. that why po po be using coma wrong place. a ticket sister is a sister who be righting tickets fool. be careful or po po be looking for you not janine next time.

      Delete