Friday, March 6, 2015

Its Alive!!!

I don't see cats at all of my locations - most of them, but not all.  The ones I don't see cats at I know they have been there because the food is gone.  I know its not a raccoon because the bowls are still there, neat and empty.  Raccoons make a MESS of things.  But the ones I don't see that I know are eating the food that I place down, those are the ones that I know I am keeping alive this winter.  And I mean alive.  If they didn't have the food I place down, they would be very sickly and starving, and if you are not strong enough with weather conditions like we have had the past - what three/four months, with temperatures hovering near zero and below many days in a row - like 60-90 days - they would die.  So it does make me happy - after I leave the house, I am miserable, but after the third or fourth stop, I start getting into the beat - it gets easier - I am focused, and quickly go about my route.

It was much easier this morning - albeit it was only 2 degrees out.  Very very cold.  And by that third or fourth stop, my body has adjusted to the temperature.  Either that or I am numb.  But that temperature also froze the snow path I walk on so it made it much easier to trek back to the shelters that are tucked into the back of these empty lots, and behind these abandoned houses.  I wasn't falling into the abyss with each step I took as I was doing prior to today.  That snow is still very deep.  Its not going to be pretty when it begins to melt.




I received the following from Sooty's new mother:

"Janine, it is going great!!! Sooty is such a sweetheart, and he doesn't have a mean bone in his body. I think the girls (the other cats) sense this, but it will take some time for them to really warm up to him. As I said, I am not worried about the leg. I'll keep an eye on it, and if it persists I will have it checked out. Did I mention what a sweetheart he is, and good he smells? And I really believe that he will be the "bridge" cat, bringing Lucy and Daisy closer, and bringing some serenity to the whole household. He really is a joy, and I feel blessed (this coming from an atheist!) that I saw his photo and staked my claim! Thank you for taking such loving care of him, and allowing me to be his fur-ever mama. I love this little boy!!!"

Yay!!!

More pics of more rescues I have done!   BE sure to click on the pics to see up close!



















Have a GREAT day!

"Good Morning
A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you."

1 comment:

  1. rough today Janine, i feel the same when I trudge out the woods to feed the birds in this cold...then I see a Cardinal or Blue Jay, or some precious paw prints in the snow where i left the seed :) and is that my Sandy ? I know for sure it is little Monkey we love them so and always feel good about getting them off the street. Oh and their are plent-enough poisonus snakes in Australia, dont you worry about that !

    ReplyDelete