Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Truth and Nothing But The Truth!


I know some of you don't read my blog regularly because it contains a lot of sadness most times, and I know this because you've told me!  And I feel bad for that, I try not to make it look as bleak as it really is, but I can't hide the truth really.  What you see is what you get.  What I see is what I get.  I know there are better days ahead, especially when the weather takes a turn for the better, but for now, its really miserable out there, and this morning was right up there with the worst, due to the high wind, blowing snow, and very cold temperature. 

My thanks to all of you for your comments about yesterday's ordeal at the Emergency Vet clinic.  Keep in mind, this is the second time they've done this to me.  I don't know if it was the fact that I mention that I do rescue/feed/shelter the homeless cats in the Beechwood section of the city, and they figure I can take care of the cat, or what, but they've turned me away twice now.  Each of those times I am crying when I bring the cat in because I know the cat will be euthanized, at some point, and that does break my heart.  So here is this crazy woman coming in looking like I do at 6 am. with a cat in a carrier, what else must they think?  Let me mention again, they do do good for people who have no where else to go with their very sick or injured pets when thier own vet place  is closed, but again, you will pay for it.  For years for some people.

My heart broke again when I pulled up to the abandoned house on Third, where I've been feeding  for years, and where I've rescued and found homes for so so many....  including Mikey and Gracie, who my mother has taken in.  The house was surrounded by an orange plastic/rubber fence with a sign saying something about asbestos.  That was a sure sign that the house is going to be torn down.  This is where Grady and Bully hang, and two black and another grey hang also.  I have two plastic tote shelters, a large lean-to with straw under it, and straw under the porch with boards covering that.  I sat there in disbelief, meanwhile looking all around realizing there wasn't another abandoned house nearby to move anything to.  I don't know what I will do, but in the meantime, I left a note on the back of a paper plate and stuck it in some crates that the workers left on the porch asking for them to call me on my cell before they remove anything.  I pray they do.  This is what I deal with constantly.  And its the cats that suffer.

There is a REALLY nice stray cat that is in my neighborhood, pure black, big boy, not fixed (I am planning to get him done soon) - LEO was abandoned, I believe, by the only renters in the neighborhood, down the street, last summer.  Scum.  Anyway, I have been letting Leo in to spend the night almost every night due to the extreme cold temps for over a month now.  I will post a picture for any of you that love big black cats!  And REALLY friendly, I can't stress enough.  A true lap cat.  Wants to be held.  Anybody?

"You cannot always have happiness, but you can always give happiness."

2 comments:

  1. As always thought of you and the kittys this morning Janine, and how unfair all of this is. We need a holding place, safe house for the emergency transfer of these kittys, hope that organisations like $ paws can raise the funds needed to realise this much needed building. They too, have my support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neighbors & I have seen a black cat on our street and have asked about where it belongs. Wonder if it's the same one? He looks healthy, but I've been concerned about the extreme cold also. Will be anxious to view the picture. Bless you for keeping him warm at night.

    ReplyDelete