Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Glamour Girls Need Not Apply

 Each morning, after I get up at 4 to head out at 5 to feed homeless cats in the Beechwood section of the city of Rochester, I do all my girlie stuff, and apply my makeup, mostly to save me time before I head to work, but also for that slight chance I run into some good looking cop or someone – God forbid my face isn’t done up! The clothes I wear are not very becoming – sweats, t-shirt, my pink Wellies, and several layers of jackets. Each morning, it never fails. I come back home with either a splinter from the wood boards, I break a nail, or I have a cat scratch. There are two kitties that get overly excited waiting for me to distribute their share of food and they swipe at my hand. One is Grady, and I just think he gets overly excited because Bullie, the cat that used to bully him, is now the bullier, the one being bullied. I think Grady just had had enough, and reversed the situation. But Grady gets a bit aggressive now with Bully hanging over his shoulder, so it makes Grady upset. Grady needs a home with a more docile companion – just like the kitty I rescued a month or two ago that I am still trying to find a home for – Earl. Of course then there are the days its raining, or snowing heavily, there goes the hair. Bad hair day ahead!

We’ve had a nasty winter here in Rochester so far. Last night, the winds were whipping! My mind went racing to each of the shelters I’ve set up, and which were the vulnerable ones, and there were many. I thought I would have a mess to clean up. And I did at a few. The shelter on Baldwin, where the kittens are – even though I see only one now since Laura rescued two of them – the plastic tote shelter had disseminated and had blown to the other side of the property. Luckily, I had a bag of straw so I quickly packed that again, and set a heavy concrete block on top of that. I hurried to replace the towel and bowls that had blown away, because little kitty was off in the distance watching, waiting for me to leave so it could eat.

I attach several pictures of various shelters and kitties I took yesterday morning. The first two though, are of a kitty that Laura rescued yesterday morning after she helped shovel some of my spots. This kitty, we believe, is the momma to a few kittens I recently rescued, from the Garson area. She is a beauty. If anyone can foster this beauty, she needs to get there ASAP. Laura has a few sick kitties with upper respiratory infections, and we don’t want this pretty girl to get one. If anyone can foster, please let me know. Please pass this on if you can!



The next three pictures are of Muffin, who really needs to get off the street.  He's a sweet young boy, about 9-10 months old.  Very cuddly.  Please consider Muffin. 





The next picture is of a sweet grey boy who I believe is sick.  He is a Barney lookalike - very course hair, he has been through a lot, and still maintains his sweetness.  His home is this plastic tote.  Please consider this sweet boy.



"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here
we should dance."

1 comment:

  1. But for you and Laura, where we would we be ? many thanks to you and your helpers Janine, I know they have other things to do in their life and to give their time up for these cats is such an undertaking that few would consider, they contribute more than can be told. May God bless.

    ReplyDelete