Thursday, August 9, 2012

Simple things...

bring me joy.  As I was refilling the two bags of dry food this morning for tomorrow's feeding of at least 40-50 homeless cats in the inner city that I tend to 365 days a year, rain/snow/sleet/hail, at 5:15 am., after I had just come back from feeding this morning, I was remembering something from two years ago, on my birthday.  My neighbor had me over for cake and drinks, and presented me with a 16 pound bag of Dad's cat food as my birthday present.  I almost cried then and there, because what better gift to get for me, than cat food.  This past weekend, some friends chipped in and got me a few bags of Dads, including some smaller bags of cat food, which I mentioned a few posts ago that are so important to me because each morning I have been running out of dry food that I take with me, and to know there is a small stash in my trunk means the world to the cats that are waiting for it at the last stop or two.  Another friend dropped off a donation of food from a girl she works with (thank you Jill!) who reads my blog, and my friend Kristin recently brought me a small bag.  All these small gestures make me happy!  Its one less dollar (that I really don't have) that I need to spend, and its security for a week or so knowing I won't run out of food and have to skimp the last few spots.  So thank you everyone for helping me out, it means the world to me!  :)

I stopped at Wally's last night to visit with Larry, and to bring him some food and litter.  Larry seems lonely, but he is also clean, and sheltered and fed, so there are no complaints.   I brought him a new toy and he went crazy!  So nice to see an older kitty run around like crazy. 


My board is still up at 7th street, good thing!

I am headed to Newark this morning to check on an employee picnic that I helped to arrange, and saying prayers that the rain holds off during the 11-2 lunch hour, so that everyone can enjoy themselves thoroughly.  Tomorrow I am off on vacation, going to try to get a game of golf in that I've been trying to do for some time now.  I wish you a great day today!

"Life is not always fair.  Sometimes you can get
a sliver sliding down a rainbow."

2 comments:

  1. Janine
    Where would someone donate some food for you? Or send a check to you for a donation for food?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Food donations can be left my open porch at 105 Brett Road, Rochester, NY 14609. This is my mailing address as well.

      Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

      Delete