Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Seventh Street Part Two

Yesterday, on my lunch, I went to this street I have had problems with by either kids, or adults, trashing and removing my stuff for the cats.  I would like to think its kids rather than adults, because it would be easier dealing with kids, if I can catch them.  I was bound and determined to find someone to talk to about it.  I drove down the street slowly, and saw a couple of young girls walking.  I told them about the problem, and gave them my name and number (I have met one of the girls mother - Angela - in the past), and asked them to call me if they see any kids there.  I then saw a woman in a house almost directly across the lot where all this is taking place, and I pulled over.  Turned out to be a nice spanish woman named Maria.  We talked for a while, she promised to keep an eye out on the field there, and even agreed that I could take some of the boards she had in her garage after I asked her about them.  Told her I would come by in the early morning and take a few.  I wrote out a note also to leave for the kids or who ever - saying 'they were not being watched, not to touch my stuff, that I would find them, and the words police and criminal mischief.  Didn't leave that today because I picked up a board somewhere else and layed it on the ground.  Its like a tester.  I will go over again sometime this morning to check on it.  I drove to this area after work also yesterday and saw Angela sitting on her porch.  She lives a few houses down on the same side, and she promised me she would talk to the neighbors and the kids and make sure they don't do anything.  We will see.  She totally understood where I was coming from about that being all the cats had was that one shelter.   I told her how it took school kids a month to build the hut, and someone destroyed it in a day.

This spot is in the back of a lot, and has the back of a garage from the street over as the wall that I lean the board against.  So, wish me luck.  I will try this again today!

Here are a few more pictures I've kept of all the babies I've rescued and adopted out.
 Blackie
 Copper

 Nelly
 Patric

 Smoke-e-Boke



Dewey


Ivan

Patric

Boris & Toonces

 Mickey



2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you met some nice people on 7th. I was a little worried when you said you were going there during the day! Let's hope the girls can keep the boards from being moved or wrecked.
    Cute photos! Love the fangs on Smoke-e-boke; they remind me of my boy's teef! :)

    ReplyDelete