Monday, August 6, 2012

Seventh Street

Despite the torrential downpours we had yesterday, along with the thunder and lightning, the kitties were all around and accounted for as I pulled up to their very wet soggy paper plates and bowls I had left for them the morning before.  I fed all, and no sign of raccoons today.   I had to chase a few yesterday, but none were visible today.

I continue to have problems at my feeding spot on Seventh Street.  I pulled up this morning and there was nothing left there.  They pulled up the box crate that was absolutely perfect - it kept the food and water off the ground, I was able to place at towel down for comfort for the cats while they ate, and the board that covered all that was gone.  The board was a lean to against the back of a garage from the street over that protected the food from rain and snow.  The little enclosed litter box, that I had a little cushion in for sleeping comfort, was also destroyed a while back, and gone.  The wooden hut that was built for me by my friend and her students, that had its cover ripped off weeks ago, was gone.  Nothing but dirt this morning.  I layed out some plates with food and a bowl of water, placed my food and water containers in the car, and started to walk around trying to find my stuff.  I even went behind people's houses.  I was very angry and very determined to find my stuff.  I will now be leaving work twice today to drive over there and catch either the kids in that empty lot, or adults outside, asking who took my stuff.  I will also be asking for sympathy for these cats that wait for me daily.  I must find the parents of these hoodlums and ask them to stop.

In the meantime, if anyone can help me out with boards large enough to lean against something and be able to fit a few cats underneath to eat, and maybe two box crates (I think thats what you call them?) I would be most appreciative.  If I could clone myself, I would go and place more boards there and then sit in my car all day and watch for them.  I must find who is doing this. 

1 comment:

  1. are the cats living in the structure behind?
    that's a bummer. you'd think people would have better things to do.

    ReplyDelete