Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Raining Cats and Dogs!



Picture of my beloved Thunder, who has been diagnosed with bladder cancer, but seems to be doing fine at the moment!  Isn't he cute!

And this is a picture of Butterscotch (aka Butters!) with his buddy Rufus, in their usual wrestling pose.  They just love each other.  Although Butters still is awaiting a good home!


We had a major storm here yesterday late afternoon.  I could hear the storm above my head where there is a skylight over my desk.  Buckets of rain fell in a short period of time.  Lightening, thunder....  all the things that make me immediately think of the kitties out there.   Someone said to me at work this morning - Happy August!  I answered the same, but with a fake lilt in my voice.  I don't know why I can't be a normal person, and accept the months as they go by.  Instead, my thinking is that at the end of this month, it turns fall.  And fall brings colder weather, and sometimes snow.  And then winter is just around that corner.  So I start to dread the coming months, and August is the closest to that dreaded season.  Don't get me wrong, deep inside, I LOVE the fall, and I LOVE the winter, but for myself I do.  I love the pretty colors of the leaves, I love the smell in the air, I love the fall vegetables, mums, pumpkins, all that stuff.  I love to drive in the snow.  I love a good snuggle under a blanket on the couch while the snow is blowing.  But its hard to enjoy that fully knowing what the cats outside are enduring.

This morning, at my spot on 7th, they were at it again, and this time, removed the board.  They must have done that yesterday, as everything, including the towel that lay on the crate that I place the food on, was soaked.  It was no where in sight.  The little brats.  I wish I could catch them.  I wish I had a friend who could drive past there during the day and catch them.  I think I know where they live, and might just have to pay a visit.  But that doesn't help me in the short term.  What I did though was I made the best of the situation by standing up the only remaining, crumbling board there, and then I walked across the street to see if I could find the other crappy board they took, and I saw a piece of plywood in the yard of the suspects, and TOOK IT!  I walked right accross the street with it and brought it to the back of the lot.  Of course, they probably think this is a game now and will destroy everything there.  Grrrr.  I am so upset about this.  I am now off schedule, and scrambling to the rest of my stops and late getting back home to get ready for work.  But on the way to the final stops, I spotted the mama kitty - she is a tortoise color, and the only way to describe her markings is like a Van Gogh painting.  Air brushed, she is beautiful.  And her nipples are not as hard, so her milk must be subsiding.  Wonder where her babies are...  I was able to pick her up, she is so sweet, and friendly, and hungry.  I must get her spayed.

I am now running out of food most mornings.  Putting down less dry for the cats because of fear I will run out.  There are so many cats that are hungry out there.  My wish list would contain small bags of dry food, as they are easy to store in my car trunk, and easy to grab.  I was feeding 16 pounds a day, I would say its now up to 18 pounds.  And of course, a select few get 8 cans of the large BuJu because there is never enough of the wet to go around, but that is their favorite, so I feel bad. 

So, thats another day in the hood.  Enjoy yours, whereever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment